Any already-made handouts on ERF, extended harnessing, tips, etc?

essnce629

I'm thinking of doing a carseat presentation for my playgroup and was just wondering if anyone has any handouts they've put together for this type of thing in the past. All of the babies in our group are just turning one so I'd concentrate on ERF, but I'd also like to talk a little about extended harnessing and when it's appropriate to move to a booster as well. Plus all the stuff about how tight the straps should be, where the chest clip goes, etc.

ADS

Mae

For distributing to people, I really like the free booklet you can order from USAA (here is the PDF version: http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/pdf/544.pdf). It has a lot of proper use/misuse pictures in it which is really handy.
To get it, go to: http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/
Select the "Order Publications" link at the top of the form.
Select publication "544 - Installing Child Safety Seats"
You can order up to 100 brochures at a time and they are free.

Wow! I see they've updated them since I last ordered some. Awesome! My booklet has old, expired car seats in it. :thumbsup:

essnce629

Jennifer mom to my 7

It's so crazy that you posted these! Someone from my birth boards created these a long time ago so most the kids pictured are from my August 2003 birth boards and I recognize most of them! In the EH handout my DS1 is even pictured in his Britax Boulevard from when he was 4.5 years old! He's almost 7 years old now. Crazy!

Heehee, I remember when these were done, too. The only reason why there are others floating around (but not as wide spread I don't think) is because back then, the only seats that would accomodate a 3-4 year old rear facing were the big britax. So, 2-3 years later, it could come across as in order to keep your bigger baby safe, you had to spend oodles of money. Once seats like the evenflo triumph advance, and the safety first uptown (later changed to the avenue) came along, britax money wasn't necessary, and advocates wanted to let that be known, kwim? Things have come such a long way in just the past 5 years:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC