Anyone tried a RF Radian in a Civic Coupe?

Melanie

DH just bought a new Civic Coupe. It would be very unusual for kids to be in this car. I figure DD3 (age 3yrs 2mo) could go FF if she ever needed to ride in it in an emergency. DD2 can use a booster (and it fits fine).

Would I be smoking crack to even think about attempting a RF install in this car? The passengers seat would need to be usable. I didn't see anything in the successful Radian thread. I really don't want to haul that heavy seat out of my car if someone else has already tried. It's already a PITA to get a good install in my car.

ADS

mommycat

Is the coupe any tighter for seating than the sedan? I don't know enough about that. I have had the Radian RF in my '07 Civic no problem (for me - 5'2" - in the driver's seat and the RN behind me) though I was just trying it out and didn't actually drive like this. It went in more upright with UAS without a major fight. If the Coupe is more compact, it might be more difficult, though. At 3yo and a very occasional use, I wouldn't worry about it if an initial try gives you too much trouble.

Melanie

Is the coupe any tighter for seating than the sedan? I don't know enough about that. I have had the Radian RF in my '07 Civic no problem (for me - 5'2" - in the driver's seat and the RN behind me) though I was just trying it out and didn't actually drive like this. It went in more upright with UAS without a major fight. If the Coupe is more compact, it might be more difficult, though. At 3yo and a very occasional use, I wouldn't worry about it if an initial try gives you too much trouble.

I *think the amount of room in the seat is the same. I didn't get in the 4 door, but we looked at them side by side. The coupe's rear seat is much more scalloped though. It almost looks like bucket seats where it has a hump in the middle, but there is a seating spot on that hump. I remember thinking the 4 door back seat was much more car seat friendly because it's flat across.

I'm so glad to hear it works in your car. It gives me hope in case I ever need to try. We've always had larger cars or van-types until now. The back seat seems so teeny in comparison.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC