Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question Why do they sell...???

So "most" if not all infant car seats say that you should but the handle down while driving so that the seat would fold into the car during a wreck. So why do they sell these infant car seat toys that attach to the handle?

It's not like the handle would go down easy if you try to leave the toy attached?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Why do they sell...???

Because people buy them.

CPS Fanatic

yep, the aftermarket industry does not pay heed to the safe-use recommendations of the carseat manufacturers... and there is no regulation requiring them to do so.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Carseat Crazy

Well there is no reason you couldn't use it while the babyseat is attached to the stroller. I use to use one in the mall and stuff but took it off when the seat was in the car. and yes, because people buy them

Janet

CPS Fanatic

we also used those really small soft toys to attach to link-a-doos, which we kept in the house and also hanging in the car from the grab handle (yes it was approved at our carseat check).
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Link-a-doo's ROCK!
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

And just FYI, some infant seats do allow the handle to be up. Graco allows it. Evenflo does not. At least one manufacturer requires the handle be left up in the car.

Aftermarket products will be sold because there are technically no laws regulating them, but technically using aftermarket products with a carseat voids the carseat's warranty.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche