How is the mesh on the Radian covers?

glockchick

I've decided to get Radians to give my growing big boys more room. ;)

DS loves the red nitro, but I'm worried the mesh will be uncomfortable during long rides on bare legs. Its it super soft or kinda plasticky feeling?

Oddly enough, he's always seemed to sweat more in mesh shorts and stuff. :confused:

I'm trying to convince dd that she likes the Flora pattern (because I prefer it :whistle:), but she's set on PIIIINNNNKKKK. :lol:

ADS

ForeverSkye

I don't really like the mesh - only for the fact that is snags a lot. DS didn't seem to mind it thou. We got the Venture cover to replace the grey mesh one we had.

christineka

I find the body pillow to be more snaggy than the actual seat cover. My dd is comfy in her super cool. It is a softer mesh than on the nautilus and imo, less snaggy. I don't know if nitro is the same as the super cool, though.

JerseyGirl'sMama

I have the Nitro on my XTSL and it really is nice and soft. I have been using it now for about 5 months and have only one small snag in the body pillow.

babyherder

Are you turning either of your kids rf? If, not I would see if you could find a deal on the old style radians somewhere.

glockchick

I plan on turning CJ back rear facing if he doesn't kick his sister anymore. :rolleyes:

And actually, I think I could use the old style. I drive a '99 suburban so don't have LATCH and the SL is the only difference, correct?

skitle1802

The SL have high rearfacing weight limits.
like XT- 40lbs
XTSL- 45lbs.

Sorry, I like headwings so I don't want to misquote the 65/80 models. I'll see if I can find the overview on here.

glockchick

Oh yeah. That too. I forgot because it will most likely not be an issue. My soon to be 4 year old is only 35 lbs, and CJ is 25. My 6 year old is 40 lbs. lol

babyherder

Then get whatever you want for whatever price you think is best and enjoy! I would turn your two youngest back rf and place them next to each other. Might eliminate the kicking.

glockchick

Then get whatever you want for whatever price you think is best and enjoy! I would turn your two youngest back rf and place them next to each other. Might eliminate the kicking.

I can do that, but then I have a lap belt only for one of my older kids unless I put Abigail back into a 5 pt harness. If I did that, it'd have to be a radian to be center of the 3rd row to allow room for her brothers on either side.

Yes, Kaleigh Grace is getting the Petal seat. Caleb is either getting Ventura or Nitro. I'll let Abigail pick hers when I decide what to do with her. ;) She has a 16" torso so she should fit in a Radian and I could pass it to dh's car for Kaleigh when she outgrows it. Dh is not going to be happy with my car seat bill. :whistle:

babyherder

Just threw the rf thing out there as a suggestion. Its starting to sound very complicated! I can see why it might not work.

glockchick

Yes, 8 people in an 8 person vehicle is a pain. Especially now that the older kids are starting to be the size of adults. How did that happen? :eek: Add to that the bigger little kids needing bigger seats and we're feeling very squished. ;)

glockchick

To quote many car seat junkies:
Car seats are cheaper than a new car!

lol Very true. And I refuse to go to a 15 passenger van. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, dh doesn't quite see the benefits of extended harnessing and erfing. Well, he sees them, just thinks the risk of being in an accident are so slim that the kid's comfort and price trumps them. :rolleyes:

christineka

lol Very true. And I refuse to go to a 15 passenger van. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, dh doesn't quite see the benefits of extended harnessing and erfing. Well, he sees them, just thinks the risk of being in an accident are so slim that the kid's comfort and price trumps them. :rolleyes:

I can relate.

babyherder

I figure that since putting kids in the car is the most dangerous situation I will ever put them in, its not the place to save money. Its tempting, but I'll save money on other things and just suck it up about the seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC