seating arrangements in a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan

alake

I will be installing 5 seats in my best friends dodge grand caravan. She has a 4.5 year old, and a 3 year old. She babysits full time, for a full time boostered 5 year old, and a 3 year old, and has one day a week a one year old. The 4.5 year old, and the two 3 year olds will be riding in Graco Nautilus. The five year old will be riding in a Turbo Booster, while the 1 year old is in a Cosco car seat of some kind, not a hundred percent sure. She is wanting her two girls in the middle row, and have the kids that she babysits in the back row. I need ideas on seating arrangements. It is going to be some playing around. I don't know if this matters for seating arrangements the car has stow n go.

ADS

Maedze

What matters is the seating position of the tether anchors. There are two in the middle row and one off-set in the third row, intended for the middle position.

If she puts her 4 and 3 year old in the middle row, she'll have to put the Graco Nautilus middle third, with a rear facing seat on one side and a booster on the other. I have no idea if a booster and a rear facing convertible are going to puzzle with a Nautilus, but I don't have high hopes.

Edited to add: I realize you didn't specify if the one year old is rear facing. Obviously, the one year old needs to be rear facing, because there are not enough tether anchors for a fourth forward facing harnessed seat, and because no one year old should be forward facing anyway.

fyrfightermomma

They haven't added extra anchors even with the 2010 models?!?!?! That is so asinine. It's like if you have more than three kids you are just screwed and you get to pick who is worst off.

Nothing to add to the OP but I feel your friends pain. We have pretty much ONE way we can install our seats in our van and it is the most un-user friendly way humanely possible and I hate it each and every day. There is just no good way (we have an 06) without crawling in killing your knees and your back trying to lift a baby to the 3rd row, struggling to buckle a convertible RFing in the 3rd row or reaching back from the 2nd row to buckle the 3rd row kid(Yeah I don't know how people just "reach" back there and do it. I have to contort myself to even attempt it!).
It's such a freaking nightmare. I can't wait till E's in a booster and S is FFing and I can have the set up I actually want

Hope your friend figures something out!

swtgi1982

If the cosco seat for the one year old is a scenera, then you should be able to do it in the third row. I have done it once in my 2001 dodge caravan. I have had in the third row of mine at one time, Driver side RF scenera, middle nautilus, and passenger HB turbo. it is very very tight, but doable. I will say you must put nautilus in first in order to get the scenera in far enough over. Both harnessed seats will need to be installed with vehicle belts to make it work.

Unless that is the seat is narrower then my 2001

Piece of advice remove the head rest in the seat with the RF seat in third row, this makes buckling and getting child in and out from rear door much easier.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Unless that is the seat is narrower then my 2001

Piece of advice remove the head rest in the seat with the RF seat in third row, this makes buckling and getting child in and out from rear door much easier.

my 2008 is the same width back there as an '05, dunno if '05 was the same as '01 though.

:thumbsup: to removing the headrest on the captain chair. I did on the one DS's SS1 is in, and I can now lean over the top to buckle DD3 in the middle of the back bench... only way without losing a boob or a few ribs LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC