Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Re: Alma MR65 for $81.54

And of course, today they are back instock at the $115 price...
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Mine came today !!!

Here are some pics of my kids in it. Evie is 5 months old and around 15lbs. Gage is 2 years 10 months and around 35lbs

4 3/4" from top of head to top of shell

ETA: May 2010 DOM!!!
    Last edited by jess71903; 06-23-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Senior Community Member InternationalMama's Avatar

Ours came today too. It is sooooooo pretty! Even prettier than the online pic.

And we got a May 2010 DOM too! Wow. I was completely prepared for it to be 6 months+ past DOM already and it turns out it's barely one month old. Cool.

PS Cute pics!
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.

Carseat Crazy

got mine today too, but my DOM is Sept. 8, 2009, oh well- I think I'm still happy. but I haven't opened it yet.

hmmm, opened it. It was obviously opened before, box is kinda damaged and the plastic wrap around seat was already ripped open.
    Last edited by mayamac; 06-23-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamac View Post
    got mine today too, but my DOM is Sept. 8, 2009, oh well- I think I'm still happy. but I haven't opened it yet.

hmmm, opened it. It was obviously opened before, box is kinda damaged and the plastic wrap around seat was already ripped open.
    I was going to ask about this. My seat came in a box, not very well sealed, and there was no plastic wrap around the seat at all. It was just in the box loose with the tags on. Does that mean it was returned by someone else?? I already took the tags off of it now. Can I and/or should I try to return it?
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.

CPS Technician

I picked mine up today. It has a 5/19/10 DOM. I'll get pics of the kids in it later. I'm pretty sure it's going to April though, as I think it's not going to work for us.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMama View Post
    I was going to ask about this. My seat came in a box, not very well sealed, and there was no plastic wrap around the seat at all. It was just in the box loose with the tags on. Does that mean it was returned by someone else?? I already took the tags off of it now. Can I and/or should I try to return it?

that would make me nervous...especially since everyone elses came wrapped....

Quote Originally Posted by jourdysmom View Post
    that would make me nervous...especially since everyone elses came wrapped....
    Well, I talked to DH and he thinks there was a bag. So maybe I just don't remember it due to my excitement? He says he thinks he cleaned one up so I'm going to go check out the packaging later.

It does seem unlikely that the seat was purchased, used with all the tags on, crashed, returned and resold in perfect-looking condition all within less than 40 days of manufacture and since DH thinks there was a big bag that I just don't remember I'm not going to worry about it anymore.

I love the seat. It's still sitting in our living room. Too bad I could only get DS to sit in it the one time.
    Last edited by InternationalMama; 06-24-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    International Mama

Carseat Crazy

I think I am going to return mine. I don't feel too bad since it was already an open box. My store doesn't carry the Alma, so I don't think they will exchange it.

Wish, I would have snagged one before they increased the price again. Hope you all enjoy yours!
    Former CPST/Mommy to

I think I am going to return mine. I don't feel too bad since it was already an open box. My store doesn't carry the Alma, so I don't think they will exchange it.
    I'd ask to exchange it. The worst they can say is no.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Mine came yesterday and I opened it today. I thought I wouldn't like the purple, but it's actually a nice subtle purple, not loud and obnoxious. Mine was in a plastic bag and I also have a May 2010 manufacture date.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

I read their return policy before I ordered and the way I understood it you can return online merchandise to *any* Walmart store.
    International Mama

Mine is in Hurricane, UT.

My first one got here today. May 7, 2010 DOM. My other one is with Judi's in Utah. I am returning that one when it gets here.

The Alma cover isn't bad, but I am not a fan of purple, so I am selling the cover. I already bought a replacement cover in Delano that is on it already.

Here's a couple pics I took of it when I first got it earlier, with my friend/neighbor's adorable almost 5 month old DD. They are crappy cell phone pics cuz I seem to have misplaced my camera...

This seat is supposed to fit infants great right? What about the crotch strap? I'd have to stick something there to fill the gap, right?

You can put a rolled up recieving blanket between the baby and the crotch strap if needed.
    Former CPST/Mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by Laurette View Post
    You can put a rolled up recieving blanket between the baby and the crotch strap if needed.
    I know that. But I didn't think people needed to do that with this seat. But I can't see how they wouldn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie87 View Post
    This seat is supposed to fit infants great right? What about the crotch strap? I'd have to stick something there to fill the gap, right?
    I think you only have to put a rolled towel there if not having it there means she doesn't stay in the seat correctly, like if she slides down and towards the crotch strap without a rolled towel. I don't think having the gap there is bad as long as she's in the right position and because the seat is so reclined and has a scooped bottom area it's possible that babies just don't slide towards the crotch strap or get out of position so no rolled towel is needed.

A tech is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.

I already bought a replacement cover in Delano that is on it already.
    I almost bought that Delano cover! I love the Delano cover, but didn't want to sell my Alma.
    International Mama

CPS Technician

Did all of you ship to your house? My neighbor bought one sit to store and she said it wont be here until July 7th? That seems like a long time considering many of you already have them.

Blondie, I have a daycare mom that wanted one of these that missed the timing. Any chance you might be willing to pass this on? PM me please. Thanks
    Daycaremomma to 12 Kiddos ages 9,8,6,6,5,4,4,4,2,2,1,1
    Momma to 2 Kiddos ages 18and 20

Yes, I had it shipped to my house since it was also free. I took the chance that it would still be at my front door when I got home since I am at work all day! They didn't deliver it until 5:09 p.m. so it was only outside for 15 minutes before I got home!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)