Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Alma MR65 for $81.54

Son of a ****! Of course BRU finally had the delano cover in stock and I bought it a few weeks ago for $120. Even with tax that's over $30 cheaper. Boys can ride in a purple seat, right?
    Sarah, student and SAHM to Xander 6yrs, 48", 68lbs in a Monterey

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

what about this site? (I have never heard of this seller, though)

avi-taxi-the-one-llc
    Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat Edgemont Dots $89.99

http://store03.prostores.com/servlet...My-Ride/Detail

CPS Technician LuckyFins3Lil'Fish's Avatar

Why, why do all the kick ass sales happen when I don't have the funds for them? At this price I could get seats for the girls for the price of 1. I can get a $25 gc for Walmart from my work soon, but then where will I get the other $153.25? Ugh, just my luck.

It sucks even more because I'll be getting an employee referral bonus on my first paycheck in Aug that would pay for this. Poo buckets.
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

Senior Community Member InternationalMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scariestone View Post
    Son of a ****! Of course BRU finally had the delano cover in stock and I bought it a few weeks ago for $120. Even with tax that's over $30 cheaper. Boys can ride in a purple seat, right?
    I got one for my DS. The Alma is my favorite cover and this is the cheapest I've ever seen a MyRide so purple shmurple. He'll probably love it.
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.

Yeah I was asking rhetorically. DS has pink and purple diapers. I'm just wondering if I want to deal with bringing the other one back to BRU. The delano cover is so nice but purple is my favorite color. Hm decisions, decisions.

Carseat Crazy

Graco MyRide 65 Good Deal!

$81.54 for the purple MyRide 65, thought it sounded like a pretty great deal if anybody's looking! You can get it shipped to the store and avoid shipping costs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-MyRI...-Alma/11037459
    "Retired" 911 Operator & EMT now Mom to 2 and second Mom to 4.5

Yeah I was asking rhetorically. DS has pink and purple diapers. I'm just wondering if I want to deal with bringing the other one back to BRU. The delano cover is so nice but purple is my favorite color. Hm decisions, decisions.
    See, diapers seem different to me since they aren't visible, but I see what you're saying. The Delano is really pretty too though! And I probably wouldn't return the seat just to buy another of the same seat just because when people return merchandise for these kind of reasons it leads to higher prices for everyone.
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.

Carseat Crazy

How do the top slots on the MR compare to the Marathon? I just used my sister's marathon today for my dd, almost three, 33 pounds. She needed to be on the top slots of the Marathon already. I'd like to keep her harnessed until at least 5. She's in a wizard now that expires in a year. I think the Wizard is even a bit lower than the Marathon. I was thinking of this to replace the wizard since it's a great deal (and I really want a cup holder!) but now thinking she may be better off w/a Nautilus or Frontier.

I think the My Ride is about the same as the Marathon for top slots and shell height. I wouldn't buy one for an FF child who is almost 3. (Or are you wanting to keep her rear facing? I don't think the MR will last longer than the Wizard by height.) It is very reclined FF and has compatibility issues in quite a few vehicles. You'll get a lot more use out of a Nautilus and they sometimes go on sale at this time of year too.
    International Mama

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMama View Post
    I think the My Ride is about the same as the Marathon for top slots and shell height. I wouldn't buy one for an FF child who is almost 3. (Or are you wanting to keep her rear facing? I don't think the MR will last longer than the Wizard by height.) It is very reclined FF and has compatibility issues in quite a few vehicles. You'll get a lot more use out of a Nautilus and they sometimes go on sale at this time of year too.
    Thanks that's what I was thinking as well. I have a hard time passing up a good deal though!

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMama View Post
    See, diapers seem different to me since they aren't visible, but I see what you're saying. The Delano is really pretty too though! And I probably wouldn't return the seat just to buy another of the same seat just because when people return merchandise for these kind of reasons it leads to higher prices for everyone.
    We we're not too much into set gender roles/stereotypes in our house so its all kind of the same to me. The one I have is still in the plastic bag in its box so its sellable but I decided I don't feel like dealing with switching them out for $30. Especially since I don't think the box will even fit in my car.

We we're not too much into set gender roles/stereotypes in our house so its all kind of the same to me. The one I have is still in the plastic bag in its box so its sellable but I decided I don't feel like dealing with switching them out for $30. Especially since I don't think the box will even fit in my car.
    Oh, I didn't realize you hadn't even used it yet! Well, that's different then.

I was worried about how I would get one home from the store too so I was happy they had free shipping to your house for this deal.
    International Mama

Oh yeah, I would NEVER bring back a seat I had used unless it were defective. I would feel so guilty if I did that!

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

After dealing with getting DD into her current seat in our new truck today, I think I definitely need something with a low base/low sides. So the MyRide is probably out, which is a good thing, because I shouldn't buy a new seat right now anyway. Awesome deal for someone who needs it, though!

Do you think this seat will still be available in 2 weeks? I hope so!!
    Nicholas ~ 8yr 50lbs ~ FR85 SICT Harnessed
    ~ Kassandra 12/24-29/05 and Nevaeh 10/21/06 ~ Safe in heaven.
    Karsen ~ 4yr 35lbs ~ ERF in S4ME
    Hailey ~ 3yr 34lbs ~ ERF CA65LX

Oh, this is killing me! I saw this earlier and I so, so wish I had the extra funds. My dd loves this seat and I really want one too. We just don't have the money, nor really the need. I just really love this seat/cover.
    Jessica, with my girlies, Emma-8 years, in a Livia PWSG , Mattie-6 years, in a butterfly turbo booster and Lilly-3 1/2 years, FFing in a Cranberry True Fit and Norah, noob riding in a mickey mouse SR22.

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Out Of stock!!! Waaa.... Of course, the moment I go to buy it. (
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

Senior Community Member emars002's Avatar

Just got ours in the mail today! Love the pruple, much deeper than it looks online. I will try to get pics of DD tomorrow. It looks like we might get another thunder storm tonight
    Erin, mom to 2 great girls:
    ---------------10 forester--10 Odyssey
    M: 8y1m 41 lbs-----TB---------cybex
    S: 5y1m 39 lbs----80SL-------FN85

Quote Originally Posted by Laurette View Post
    Out Of stock!!! Waaa.... Of course, the moment I go to buy it. (
    Someone I know called her local store and they honored the online price. It's worth a try
    Madeline CPST and mom to my loves:
    8 (turbo w/ safety surround) & 6 (frontier 85)

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Thank, but I've never seen it at any of our local stores.
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!