Does the Frontier have natural recline

natalie77

Or is it just me? I installed it in the center captains chair of my 2006 dodge grand caravan and I had to recline the vehicle seat a smudge to get the seat to fit against the seat back. When I did that, the seat has quite a recline. Is this normal?? If not what am I doing wrong? I won't be using it again for a long while probably because ds will be 3 in October and still has plenty of room in his radian 80sl as he only weighs 30 lbs! I had to for a short ride today because he peed in his RN! I may use it for my niece if she rides with me so I may need to install it! Thanks in advance!

ADS

Lulu

I am not sure about the original, but the FR85 appears at first like it won't fit because of recline. I find that reclining the captain's chair for the installation and then putting it back upright makes it fit like a glove. Seriously, like it was made for my captain's chairs.

Removing the head rest might also help.

natalie77

I did remove the headrest and tried to put the seat back upright when done but it wouldn't go back totally upright so the seat was reclined some.

Lulu

Are you installing it too tightly before you upright the seat back?

I think I know what you are talking about with the recline, because I remember briefly thinking I'd need to send the seat back. I can't remember exactly what I was doing wrong now that I've installed the thing a dozen more times. I haven't tried the seat in your exact vehicle, but I've gotten a Windstar, a Taurus, and an Ody to fit the seat pretty perfectly. I use the LBP if that makes a difference. I think I'd track down the installation video (I think it's on Britax's website) and set some time aside to work at it. Even when you understand the manual the visual can make it all click somehow. I'm not a tech either, so you might try posting this in the installation forum to see if you can get feedback from someone who knows the seat and your car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC