Baby Jogger City Micro Double - A Review w/ Lots of Pics!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Thank you so much for the thorough review! I wish the Micro had a little more of a recline. Does the Mini recline more than the Micro? I thought I had my mind made up, was going to get a Mac Twin Techno off of CL and now I'm not so sure.

ADS

Dorothy

Thanks, all! One more BJCMD question: How does it handle when you only have one child in it? Both my kids split wanting to ride, walk and ride in a carrier on a day-long excursion... BTW- Love diapers.com's returns policy!

Mags462

Thank you so much for the thorough review! I wish the Micro had a little more of a recline. Does the Mini recline more than the Micro? I thought I had my mind made up, was going to get a Mac Twin Techno off of CL and now I'm not so sure.

The Mini is a little pricier and albeit probably one of the most popular doubles strollers out there. I rarely see them for sale used :eek: The Mini reclines completely flat, has 8in tires in front and back, and has "half moon" canopies (eg canopy pulls down to bumper bar height). It does however also have shorter seat backs. On paper the difference is minimal but in my real life trials the mini was a lot shorter in seat height. This is the #1 reason i chose the Micro over the mini - my 4yr old was scrunched in the Mini.... but lots of posters here love their Mini's and use them on older children all the time. For me, i just didn't think spending double on the Mini was worth it.

And i will get picks of my 7mo old in the Micro up soon... it's been rainy for a week now! :p It has more than enough of a recline.... my kids don't like to lie flat and i put my friends 3wk old in it and she was totally fine recline wise.

Thanks, all! One more BJCMD question: How does it handle when you only have one child in it? Both my kids split wanting to ride, walk and ride in a carrier on a day-long excursion... BTW- Love diapers.com's returns policy!

Handles like a DREAM no matter what the seating arrangement. One child, two children, etc. Turns on a dime, it has taken everything i have "thrown at it" w/ surprising success. It did much better at handling just my 4yr old as a lone rider than the Mac... it also handled the bumpy side walks much better as well. I used a twin mac of my friends and didn't just LOVE it, so i bought this sight unseen and haven't regretted it.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
And i will get picks of my 7mo old in the Micro up soon... it's been rainy for a week now! :p It has more than enough of a recline.... my kids don't like to lie flat and i put my friends 3wk old in it and she was totally fine recline wise.

Awesome! That's exactly what I needed to know. :thumbsup: I was worried that the recline wouldn't be enough for my little G (3 months old), but he is to the point now that he wants to sit up more (and ends up slouching), but I'm sure I could roll some blankets or even buy an after market infant insert to use in it and he would probably be fine. Also, just for reference, do you know how tall your 2.5 yr old is? Do you happen to know his torso height?

Mags462

Awesome! That's exactly what I needed to know. :thumbsup: I was worried that the recline wouldn't be enough for my little G (3 months old), but he is to the point now that he wants to sit up more (and ends up slouching), but I'm sure I could roll some blankets or even buy an after market infant insert to use in it and he would probably be fine. Also, just for reference, do you know how tall your 2.5 yr old is? Do you happen to know his torso height?

My 2yr old is on the small side for his age 2T pants are still about 1inch too long on him and 18/24mo pants are about an inch too short :rolleyes: I am unsure of his overall height - but i can tell you he has a 13in torso. He weighs 26lbs.

My 4yr old is very tall for his age (like 95% and above since birth)... he is right around 48inches tall and is fairly proportionate as far as torso height versus leg length. He is skinny though - only 33lbs on a good "ate a lot" day.

When i put the 3wk old in the stroller I had one of those after market car seat head snuggler things (the u shaped pillows that surround their head) and just laid it on the behind her and snapped the open slots over the harness.

romanoma

Great review!! I think I will get this for my sister who is having her second any day, it should be perfect come next summer when the baby is a little older. Just wanted to bump this helpful thread and say thanks!!

mom2kk

Thanks for reviewing it and thanks for bumping it. I bought one of these a couple months ago and still haven't taken it out of the box, was thinking about trying to sell it b/c I bought a MacLaren Double off CL for cheap while this one was enroute so now have extra. But I think I will keep the BJ now for when the baby is old enough to sit in it.

Lemonade

I got a double Micro (slate:)) a few weeks ago. We're loving it so far. It's my home/garage stroller and I still keep the Joovy Ultralight in the car for stores. I may stick it in the car though. I also have a Sienna and I think I could fit both in the cargo area with the third row up.

I also have a 4 yr old so the seatback/canopy height was a concern for me. He's good for now. He does walk a lot but when he needs to ride, it's great. Neither of my kids are stroller sleepers generally so no issue for us there.

For $200 it's a great, solid stroller. Happy with my purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC