I broke my LATCH strap the first time using it!

Mae

I was installing my Radian in my brother's truck yesterday and I tried using LATCH. I finally got it, then I went to undo it and found a little plastic piece. Upon further inspection, I realized it's from my LATCH strap! :mad: This is the first time I'd used the darn LATCH, too!

:rolleyes:

Ignore my pretty finger nails. 9yo girls will do that to you. I've got some pretty hot pink toes, too.

c7e10706.jpg

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Yeah, I'd be contacting Sunshine Kids about that. It's obviously not an essential piece since it's just the plastic over the metal, but I would be concerned about the rough edge of the broken plastic sawing away at the LATCH strap.

munchkin

Dude, this whole radian this just isn't working for you, is it? First it's late then you can't get it in now this. I am kinda glad I couldn't let you borrow mine :p. Totally kidding!!!

I would definitely contact sunshine kids about that and send them pics. Maybe they will send you one of the new super latch straps.

Calleiah

Yep, that happened to mine too. Definitely call them. Mine had a few other issues that happened all within the first month after buying it and they replaced it for me.

Mae

But I didn't buy it new? I bought it from a member here. Would they still replace it?

Dude, this whole radian this just isn't working for you, is it? First it's late then you can't get it in now this.

You're telling me. :rolleyes:

Stacy

But I didn't buy it new? I bought it from a member here. Would they still replace it?

You're telling me. :rolleyes:

I don't know about SK, but Britax just sent me a replacement RA because the recline was broken. I had previously registered the seat so they had me on record, but they never asked for a proof of purchase (I got it new from Diapers.com).

Mae

Can I register my radian, even if the previous owner had it registered? I'm not sure if she did, I'd assume she did, but I'll have to email her.

How does that work if it's already registered?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yep, I register my used seats. I even have an expired one registered.

Last edited:

Mae

I think I'll be emailing them in the morning. I don't feel like explaining it all to them right now. :p

I would definitely contact sunshine kids about that and send them pics. Maybe they will send you one of the new super latch straps.

Would I be able to use the SL straps to... well, SL abilities? :D (Oh, right. My car is one year too old for this. :( Question still stands though...).

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Try and get in touch with Kristin rather than well you know :rolleyes:

Hopefully you will get it replaced soon. I have been hearing horror stories about getting replacement parts from SKJP lately :thumbsdown:

Mae

I emailed SKJP on Saturday; still no response. How long should I wait before I phone them?

Mae

If I have time! I'm so busy these next few days! Yeah, they close at 4:30. I'll probably still be in class.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC