Mazda MPV versus Mazda 5

Rosey

So what are the big differences? I think the MPV is bigger, but are they good cars? Either way I have to buy used, and we aren't sure if we will try to find something under $6K and pay cash or finance something $11K or less.

I think an older Caravan or a Freestyle could be found in our price range. I have a Graco SR, GN, and MA installed at any given time. Which car would you get? We care about seating more than 5, gas mileage, convenience, and value/price.

ETA: Can you get an MPV with power sliding doors? Does the 3rd row fold flat?

ADS

chay

I don't know much about the MPV but they are bigger than a Mazda 5.

I have a Mazda 5, to answer some of your questions - the Mazda 5 only seats 6 and when you are using all 6 seats you don't have much cargo space (like a couple small gym bags is it). Gas mileage is great (I have a manual transmission which helps). If by power sliding doors you mean a button on the remote that opens them for you - no, you can't get that. Mine does have a power feature that if I close the door almost all the way it does the rest - not sure what to call that and it doesn't come on all trim levels. A SR, MA and GN all install easily in any of the 4 rear seats (MA FF or RF). 3rd row folds flat.

If I always had more than 2 kids in car seats I think I'd opt for something bigger. For 2 kids and the occasional guest(s) I love it though.

HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC