Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Mazda MPV versus Mazda 5

So what are the big differences? I think the MPV is bigger, but are they good cars? Either way I have to buy used, and we aren't sure if we will try to find something under $6K and pay cash or finance something $11K or less.

I think an older Caravan or a Freestyle could be found in our price range. I have a Graco SR, GN, and MA installed at any given time. Which car would you get? We care about seating more than 5, gas mileage, convenience, and value/price.

ETA: Can you get an MPV with power sliding doors? Does the 3rd row fold flat?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Mazda MPV versus Mazda 5

I don't know much about the MPV but they are bigger than a Mazda 5.

I have a Mazda 5, to answer some of your questions - the Mazda 5 only seats 6 and when you are using all 6 seats you don't have much cargo space (like a couple small gym bags is it). Gas mileage is great (I have a manual transmission which helps). If by power sliding doors you mean a button on the remote that opens them for you - no, you can't get that. Mine does have a power feature that if I close the door almost all the way it does the rest - not sure what to call that and it doesn't come on all trim levels. A SR, MA and GN all install easily in any of the 4 rear seats (MA FF or RF). 3rd row folds flat.

If I always had more than 2 kids in car seats I think I'd opt for something bigger. For 2 kids and the occasional guest(s) I love it though.

HTH
    DS 06/2006 - Diono Monterey, Turbo Booster (for now - still shopping)
    DD 09/2008 - FF Marathon, Diono Monterey

4. Thank You from: