Quinny D22 available separately?

amyd

I helped a young couple due next week with their seat last night and then got an email from the mom about 20 minutes later that they were involved in a collision on the way home from my house:(. They are okay but there was significant damage to their vehicle (back bumper will be replaced) and they know their seat needs to be replaced as well. The have a Quinny travel system (the four wheel stroller that comes with the D22 from Sears, not the Buzz with the Mico). The mom wants the seat to match the stroller. Can you buy a Quinny seat stand alone? I've only ever seen them as part of the system. I told her that she might need to just buy a D22 and see if the Quinny cover will fit it. I suspect it would, right? It's the same seat. Anyone know for sure? Poor parents. Like they need this to deal with right now.

ADS

canadiangie

I don't know that I've ever seen a Quinny infant seat sold as a stand alone. I also can't say for sure if any Designer 22 would work in terms of her using the Quinny cover. I honestly have a hard time keeping Dorel infant seats straight in my head.. in terms of the changes that have been made, the new models, the front harness adjust on some Designer 22's, the front harness adjust on some Quinnys, versus what is still offered as a back adjust. I think her best bet would be to call Dorel with the model number of the seat she has now and see what they say.

I don't envy you having to try and explain all of this to her. Like, yes her seat exists sold under a different name, but it will have a different cover, and even though it's the same seat, the covers might not be interchangeable... :dizzy: Or maybe the only front adjust Designer 22 is the Quinny now, all other Designer 22's left offer rear adjust... I don't even know.

amyd

Thanks, Angie. Yeah, it's mess. Her Quinny is older and is a back adjust so she might be okay with just a basic D22. She certainly doesn't have time to order anything as baby could be here any day. I think she'll be okay if it doesn't match the stroller, although that's what she'd prefer. Her main concern is that it fits here stroller which I imagine any D22 would.

jacks1

I have never seen it available separately. I did want to mention that when I was in an accident with our graco infant seat the insurance company reimbursed me for the entire travel system because I complained that I now could not get the matching cover for my seat and the set was mismatched. I told them I bought it together- and I did, and that I shouldn't have to have a non matching set. They paid for both to be replaced :)

LittlePeanut

I have never seen it available separately. I did want to mention that when I was in an accident with our graco infant seat the insurance company reimbursed me for the entire travel system because I complained that I now could not get the matching cover for my seat and the set was mismatched. I told them I bought it together- and I did, and that I shouldn't have to have a non matching set. They paid for both to be replaced :)

This is exactly what I was thinking. They can't simply replace a portion of the system when it's a package deal, yk?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
To answer your question, the Quinny D22 is identical to any rear adjust D22 so far as I know - the changes made to the D22 haven't affected the harness heights or placement of the buckle to the best of my knowledge. :thumbsup:

amyd

To answer your question, the Quinny D22 is identical to any rear adjust D22 so far as I know - the changes made to the D22 haven't affected the harness heights or placement of the buckle to the best of my knowledge. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Trudy. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I advised the mom to make sure that she got a back adjust and also to make sure the seat had a post-advisory DOM.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC