Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Quinny D22 available separately?

I helped a young couple due next week with their seat last night and then got an email from the mom about 20 minutes later that they were involved in a collision on the way home from my house. They are okay but there was significant damage to their vehicle (back bumper will be replaced) and they know their seat needs to be replaced as well. The have a Quinny travel system (the four wheel stroller that comes with the D22 from Sears, not the Buzz with the Mico). The mom wants the seat to match the stroller. Can you buy a Quinny seat stand alone? I've only ever seen them as part of the system. I told her that she might need to just buy a D22 and see if the Quinny cover will fit it. I suspect it would, right? It's the same seat. Anyone know for sure? Poor parents. Like they need this to deal with right now.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Quinny D22 available separately?

I don't know that I've ever seen a Quinny infant seat sold as a stand alone. I also can't say for sure if any Designer 22 would work in terms of her using the Quinny cover. I honestly have a hard time keeping Dorel infant seats straight in my head.. in terms of the changes that have been made, the new models, the front harness adjust on some Designer 22's, the front harness adjust on some Quinnys, versus what is still offered as a back adjust. I think her best bet would be to call Dorel with the model number of the seat she has now and see what they say.

I don't envy you having to try and explain all of this to her. Like, yes her seat exists sold under a different name, but it will have a different cover, and even though it's the same seat, the covers might not be interchangeable... Or maybe the only front adjust Designer 22 is the Quinny now, all other Designer 22's left offer rear adjust... I don't even know.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

Thanks, Angie. Yeah, it's mess. Her Quinny is older and is a back adjust so she might be okay with just a basic D22. She certainly doesn't have time to order anything as baby could be here any day. I think she'll be okay if it doesn't match the stroller, although that's what she'd prefer. Her main concern is that it fits here stroller which I imagine any D22 would.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

I have never seen it available separately. I did want to mention that when I was in an accident with our graco infant seat the insurance company reimbursed me for the entire travel system because I complained that I now could not get the matching cover for my seat and the set was mismatched. I told them I bought it together- and I did, and that I shouldn't have to have a non matching set. They paid for both to be replaced

6. Thank You from:

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    I have never seen it available separately. I did want to mention that when I was in an accident with our graco infant seat the insurance company reimbursed me for the entire travel system because I complained that I now could not get the matching cover for my seat and the set was mismatched. I told them I bought it together- and I did, and that I shouldn't have to have a non matching set. They paid for both to be replaced
    This is exactly what I was thinking. They can't simply replace a portion of the system when it's a package deal, yk?

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

To answer your question, the Quinny D22 is identical to any rear adjust D22 so far as I know - the changes made to the D22 haven't affected the harness heights or placement of the buckle to the best of my knowledge.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

9. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
    To answer your question, the Quinny D22 is identical to any rear adjust D22 so far as I know - the changes made to the D22 haven't affected the harness heights or placement of the buckle to the best of my knowledge.
    Thanks, Trudy. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I advised the mom to make sure that she got a back adjust and also to make sure the seat had a post-advisory DOM.