What will Fit...

TwinsDad

Here is our problem.

We had twins 1 year ago and are due to have a 3rd in a couple months. We have 3 of the Graco 32 pound seats and are trying to find a car or van that will fit 3 across one of the rows.

If we have to we will buy new seats that are narrower than the ones we have, we will. We were going to buy a Passat wagon last night but we need about 3 more inches for them to fit in right and not hit the doors.

What do you guys think?

ADS

Louisa

CPST Instructor
to be honest i don't think you are going to fit three of those across in anything, can you consider buying a narrow convertible to continue to RF the older babies and use one of the 32's for the new baby?
Radian's perhaps?

OR

buy a mini van (which from experience you will be glad to have with three so close, double stroller + a single)
and put them in separate rows. Although you will need convertibles for the older children in the near future anyawy

TwinsDad

they are both about 15-20lbs I dont know how tall. But, we dont use the seats as carriers anymore we put them in and take them out.

dmpmercury

I have a Jetta wagon and it is a little narrower and shorter than a Passat Wagon. I will be doing a 3 across come September with 3 rear facing seats and I done 3 across transport my friend's dd before. You could make the passat work if that is what you want you just need different seats. The twins will need covertables eventually anyway. I would maybe get a radian or two. Definately get one go in the center rear facing. You can also get something that puzzles well with a radian like a complete air or a britax RA50. The britax doesn't take up too much front to back space so you could get that behind the driver maybe. Then maybe one of the buckets would fit in the other position or you can get a narrower bucket. A coccoro also would work really well for the newborn behind either the driver or passenger who ever needs more room.

christineka

The toyota sienna, 8 passenger version can fit nearly anything 3 across. I currently have: a regent, rfing true fit, and a rfing radian across my middle row. You can make the middle seats go forward and backward. By staggering the seats, you have room for overlap.

cookie123

Seriously, if you are getting a new vehicle anyway and you'll have 3 kids, go for a minivan. It may seem extreme now, buy later you'll thank me.:D I'd strongly consider the Sienna 8 passenger simply because you can do 3 in the 2nd row if you want.

My daughter puts her older 2 in the back, leaves out the passenger side captains chair for easy access, and the baby goes behind the driver. This works out great. Of course the older 2 are forward facing.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Well, the sienna still has an 8th seat, but it is useless like the older generation odyssey. ANd yes, there are now only 3 full sets of latch.

But, the new 2011 odyssey is rumored to have a bigger 8th seat, with latch, and stowable. There is a thread in the car safety section.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC