Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Ugh. Check out this craigslist:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/bab/290284930.html

"Seat purchased about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago and used very rarely. Originally purchased for 3 year old but he prefers a booster as opposed to this seat. Black & Silver design. Straps have stains on them but replacements are available. Stained from juice. I also have a black & silver combination infant carrier that I will consider getting rid of at the same time for an additional $25. Very good condition with 1 possibly 2 bases. Both seats are latch equiped."

He PREFERS a booster? I am all for letting my kids have their preferences... my ds prefers Lucky Charms to Whole Grain Total, for example. But a booster for a 3 yr old, because he prefers it?

Ugh!
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Re: Ugh. Check out this craigslist:

Why even bother with such a nice convertible if you're going to cave to a 3yo's pressure for a booster? Poor kid. He'll be running the show with no limits and mom will wonder why he's a basket case later in life.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/bab/290284930.html
    He PREFERS a booster? I am all for letting my kids have their preferences... my ds prefers Lucky Charms to Whole Grain Total, for example. But a booster for a 3 yr old, because he prefers it?

Ugh!
    Agree with you wholeheartedly. My dd has a lot of 'preferences'. She chooses her clothes or what she'd like for lunch. I let her make small decisions because she need to learn how to do so. And by doing so, it makes her much easier to handle when I TELL her that there's no negotiation on a specific issue. Carseats, knife handling, fire touching, & playing in streets are just some of those non negotiated rules

There's no argument... occasional whining perhaps, but thems are the rules!
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

CPS Technician

Wow... Can we say 'permissive'? Good grief... My son prefers to play video games and eat popsicles all day, that doesn't mean I let him.. Boundries people, boundries are a GOOD thing..

gee wiz...
    Janice, no longer a CPST, and now a single Mommy to C, 10 and big enough to pass the 5-step test and S(born 12/9/09), in a Roundabout 50.