looking for a seat

amy&girls

for my Goddaughter. Her mom is concerned she is outgrowing the Scenera by height, she's only 36 inches or so, 30ish lbs, but has a long torso. Price is a factor for them, as they don't have much money. I was thinking of suggesting the Maestro for her. What do you guys think? Are the slots on it better than the Scenera? (and unfortunatly, she won't rear-face her again, she just turned her around a few months ago, b/c her little girls dad was complaining that it was hard to get her in the seat).

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The slots on the Maestro are 4 inches or so taller than the Scenera. It will last a lot longer. How old is she?

amy&girls

I'd really like her to still be rear-facing, but it was like beating my head against a brick wall... I wasn't getting anywhere, even with showing her all the information out there on why rear-facing is safer for a child her age/size, so I honestly quit wasting my breath. As my husband put it, OUR kids are safe, and there isn't much I can do about everyone else's kids, as much as I want too. I'd like to be a tech, but from all the information I can find, the closest class is 6 hours away from me.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'd go with the Maestro. She'll have tons of room to grow. At least we can hope they will keep her harnessed to the limits of the seat or close.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
At 2 1/2, she's rear-faced a lot longer than most kids in this country. Good for you for convincing them of that! I know that longer would be ideal, but you can't win all your battles. At her age, the Maestro should ALMOST certainly get her to a safe booster age by height even with a long torso, since torso growth often slows for a bit at around 3. 4 inches is a lot of growth room at her age. :)

Now, that's assuming she's pretty lightweight. (I'm guessing she is, since rear-facing is still a possibility.)

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I agree with the Maestro. Check with Sears online. They seem to have the cheapest price. You can also do a search for coupon codes to get even more off. My friend got one for about $75 after tax there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC