Big "bubble" under Momentum cover?

Mommy0608

I went to BRU yesterday and looked at the Momentum 65. I noticed there's a huge space/gap/bubble or whatever you want to call it under the cover. Imagine a child sitting in it with a few inches of shell above his head... the bubble would be right behind the child's head. It makes the cover stick out into the seat and looks really weird. I thought maybe the cover wasn't on properly, but I checked it out and it looks correct. Anyone else notice this? :confused:

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I haven't really gotten to check one out. My BRU has 8 in boxes and no display. When I asked for a display the guy tried to convince me that the momentum and the EFTA are the same seat :rolleyes:

Mommy0608

Hm, I was hoping it was just this one particular seat, but sounds like it's not. What a weird cover shape. I just recommended this seat to some friends of mine, I hope they don't see that and decide against the seat. I was very limited in time, so I couldn't sit my kids in the seat unfortunately (though I reeeally wanted to, especially Tyler).

judesmommy

I saw it too! I wasn't too impressed with the momentum.... I think it was the cover that turned me off. I had a sandbox EFTA and the cover was great. The new momentum has a stiff cover...

I have pics of the cover bubble that I can add later tonight

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's just... weird. There used to be a picture of a Britax on Target or Amazon that was inverted by photoshop that looked all poufy like that, it's the first thing I thought of when I saw it :eek:
I had a mom that seemed totally turned off by it, as the bubble makes it look like it forces the kid to sit SO upright.
I hope it's just that cover style and a newer one is more form-fitting to the seat (which is a pretty nice seat underneath all that air, lol, lots and lots of deep eps and epp foam!).

Speaking of form fitting, our MR's at BRU will have covers that have the same name as the old ones, spiral and sonata, but they have better elastic and actually stay on the cupholders/arms now. Whoo hoo!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I noticed that as well. But Laine seemed to like it, so it didn't worry me.

4706920747_d872d43908.jpg

Wendy

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I too hoped it was just the seat I had my hands on. :eek: That is why I didn't mention it. My kids didn't mind it though. Dd liked the seat.

DahliaRW

Wendy - too cute! I need to get to BRU down in Southcenter or Lynnwood, the one in Bellevue didn't have the Momentum, at least not last week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC