4 pound infant in a carseat?? Coccoro or infant seat??

Laurette

Pics of a 4 pound infant in a carseat?? Coccoro or infant seat??

I know a mom that is pregnant with triplets and is asking me for help with carseats. I know that the CCO will be realesed with a 3# limit and was wondering if anyone had pics of a under 4# baby in ANY seat. Tiny babies in infant seats will be helpful too.

Last edited:
ADS

hrice

I don't have any pics for you but I would think it would be SO much more convenient to use infant buckets with multiples.

The Chicco Keyfit 30 is rated from 4#

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Isn't the OnBoard from birth? Or maybe it was 4# also. When you have to get 3 of everything, the Onboard may be a more cost-effective seat although the KeyFit is a great seat too.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Onboard 35 is 4 pounds. One version is five pounds, though, so make sure she pays attention when ordering if she gets it. I honestly think the Onboard 35 is the best fit for itty bitties.

Wendy

Laurette

I know all the options and such, I was really hoping to see some pictures. :)

She is exploring all options right now. She has a Sienna and a kiddo in a Regent (I realize this may have to go) and another child in a britax convertable.

canadiangie

I have a picture of my 3 pound 10 ounce dd in an Evenflo Embrace. Not sure if you would want it though. ??

A baby under 4 pounds is almost shocking in a car seat, any car seat.

I will say that having brought home a baby under 4 pounds I would recommend a Chicco KeyFit over just about anything else...

However, and this is a big however offered with no endorsement ;), most triplet parents opt for Peg infant seat solely because of the Peg Triplette stroller accepting three infant seats. Sounds like this mom is quite busy with two other little ones on the move, so what car seats she chooses may actually be somewhat dictated by what she needs/wants in terms of a stroller.

The only triplets I have ever worked with in a car seat capacity were born with some issues requiring some follow-up surgery, and by the time they healed enough from that they were hovering right around the 5 pound mark and fit *okay* in Peg seats.

Again, not an endorsment, just blabbing. :p

HTH's and let me know if you want the Embrace pic.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC