What booster seat would you suggest?

veggiegirl228

It would be more booster training nothing FT yet (as she is just barely 4). *would be in 96 Accord w/o adj headrest*

Stats:
Torso: 14.25"
Shoulder width" 9.5"
Overall height 41.25"
weight 43 lbs

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Graco Turboboosters and Recaro Vivos tend to fit smaller booster riders well.

veggiegirl228

The TB was looked at but it looked like she was squished in the shoulders. Where would I find a Recaro Vivos in a store? Does it turn into a backless (for way later down the line of course)

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I think Recaro Vivos might be available in specialty baby stores. Sometimes older models are available in store at Big Lots (but at this point, I think they are pretty old at Big Lots, with DOMs from 2007 in my experience). Vivos are available online at a bunch of places; I know Amazon.com has them because I've checked for Vivos there for my daughter since I have gift certificates for Amazon. They don't convert to backless boosters.

babyherder

Be careful with the TB and non-adjustable headrests. The back of the TB has to be flush with the back of the car seat. The non-adjustable head rests in my car push the booster forward so there's always a gap between the booster back and the car seat back.

firemomof3

The TB was looked at but it looked like she was squished in the shoulders.

Did you have the headrest moved up? As you can from this pic. there is plenty of shoulder room :confused:
boosterfits002.jpg

Jennifer mom to my 7

The TB was looked at but it looked like she was squished in the shoulders. Where would I find a Recaro Vivos in a store? Does it turn into a backless (for way later down the line of course)

THen she must be quite short torsoed (as I think you have said :)) As she gets taller in the torso, the shoulders won't be squished.

Matthewturbo2.jpg

He is 38+ inches, 37? pounds, and over a 15 inch torso. And, he is quite broad in the shoulders, too, as he seems okay in a monterey!

Matthewmonterey1.jpg

I meant to add, with the graco sidewings, they aren't deep, and seem to curve more than confine, so what looks cramped, might just be quite comfy :)

veggiegirl228

Jennifer mom to my 7 thank you for the pictures. The way I remember it was like in the picture 1 with the boy in it. So maybe squished was the wrong word for it.. Sorry it's not the best picture. I was looking just for the heck of it and she wasn't into trying out the seat.

Last edited:

Jennifer mom to my 7

Looks like the headrest could be up a notch for her, and then not seem so confined, kwim? She looks pretty good for just a dry fit.

edit: You should see my 18 month old in one :)

Vincenzoturbo2.jpg

He has over a 14 inch torso right now, at almost 20 months (Oct 08 bday).

veggiegirl228

Ok.I had remembered I had a picture from the cell. Is it worth the extra $$ to get the ones with the graco pedic (?) foam over the reg ones?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC