Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Ford Fusion

Question Ford Fusion

We currently have an '08 Jeep Patriot and are looking at getting into a Ford Fusion.
    The seats we have are a Regent and a Marathon (the Marathon is RF). Does anyone know how those seats will fit in the back of a fusion, and if there will be much leg room in the front with the Marathon RFing?
    I will probably go down to the dealership this week and try the seats out myself in the car, but just wondered if anyone else knows offhand! TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Ford Fusion

I have a 2009 Fusion. We don't have a Regent or a Marathon anymore though. I did at one point have a Marathon rear facing passenger side and there was enough room for me to sit comfortably. I did have to move the front seat back a little more upright and one click forward then where we normally have it. We had already sold our Regent before buying the Fusion so I didn't get a chance to try it in the car but based on how other seats fit I would think it would fit fine.

HTH!
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

4. Thank You from:

Thanks, that's good to know! I'm thinking I'll have to take DH with me to sit in the front, because he's the long legged one, lol! I'm hoping there is more leg room than what we have now.

Carseat Crazy

We have a 2007 Ford Fusion. The rebound bar on the Regent has worked its way out several times. I'm still trying to figure out how to solve the issue. The 2009 seats may be slightly different.

The Regent gives no side to side movement but the bar just works its way out of place after being installed for weeks.

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion. I am not too familiar with the Marathon and Regent, but our RFing ETFA fits comfortably on the passenger side of the car. My DH is a little squished when he sits in the passenger seat, but he is pretty tall (6'3") so he would probably be squished in any midsized sedan. Personally, I love my new Fusion! Good luck car shopping!
    DS - 11m, 22lbs and 30in, RFing in an EFTA