Orbit infant carseat?

essnce629

Does anyone know anything about this seat? Like how long it lasts and how easy it is to use/install?

My friend just got the Orbit baby system, even though I tried to tell her to just get a KF30 or SR35 and buy herself a nicer regular stroller, but she said her husband was in charge of choosing the stroller and this is the system he chose!!! I'm baffled-- it's just a $900 infant seat/snap-n-go system right????? She'll have to spend another $250 for the actual stroller seat in a few months to be able to use it once the baby outgrows the infant seat!!!! For that amount of money I would have totally gone with a KF30 and an Uppa Baby Vista stroller which all together is still $40 cheaper and she'd have a stroller that lasted longer than 10 months!!!!

And what about the Orbit convertible seat (that is an additional $360!!!)? What's the weight limit and top slot measurements? Hopefully by then I'll be able to convince her to skip the Orbit seat and get something else!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, the cool thing about the Orbit is that the toddler seat snaps in and out of the car as well. So the stroller is good for years.

The infant seat isn't very big. Snugride 22 size, would be my guess. The toddler seat is 35 pounds rear facing and 50 forward with I think 16-17" top slots. They're not bad.

They're just never recommended because most parents don't want to shell out that sort of money.

Wendy

rosey2007

Wow! As car seat crazy as I am I think that $900.00 is a crazy price on a car seat that will not even last a year in most cases lol.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Wow! As car seat crazy as I am I think that $900.00 is a crazy price on a car seat that will not even last a year in most cases lol.

Ahh, but it is not just a carseat. It is the infant seat, cool stroller frame, and base, that is used for the stroller seat and new toddler seat. Yes, the toddler seat and stroller seat are extra (but the stroller seat can be added in part of a package) but, many people pay 7-800 dollars for a bugaboo stroller, then have to add the infant seat adaptor and the infant seat. Heather addresses this in her blog post :)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
It's actually a pretty cool system. I got to play with one during my class and a good friend of mine has one and she loves it. The base can be tricky with the first install, but as long as they read the whole manual it shouldn't be too hard. The toddler seat has a great harness height for a 50lb seat.

Like others have said it is not recommended because of the price. If they can afford it then why not?

canmom

We just recently got this seat in Canada. I have only worked with it a couple of times but I have to say, hands down, it is the easiest seat I have ever worked with (I guess a toss up with the KF). It is a very nice little seat and I *think* I would have considered it for my first if it had been available at the time. I will say, I find it very odd that there is no recline foot on the seat and the manual suggests using a towel if the indicator is not all green. I have only installed in two vehicles and it surprisingly was level, so not towel required :thumbsup:. Not sure how price compares in the states but here, it really isn't much different in price from other expensive strollers and car seats (a Bug with a Peg for example). In terms of fit, I haven't seen an actual newborn in the seat yet so I don't know.

snack

I owned this system and all of its parts. I :love:ed and I wish I didn't have to sell to fund my double stroller when we had DD2.

Tell her congrats and I envy her! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC