Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question True Fit Premier in Canada anytime soon?

Anyone have any idea when the TFP might be available in Canada? Its driving me crazy trying to find out, and Im running out of time for 19 mo, 26 lb dd height-wise in her Graco snug ride . It would be a no-brainer if the TFP was available here, but I can only find the original TF, so Im torn between it and the Sunshine kids Radian XT. Any advice?

Install (RF) would alternate between a 2002 Kia Sportage with seatbelt (shoulder belt) and a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander with Latch

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: True Fit Premier in Canada anytime soon?

TechnoAdult Driver's seat
    TechnoTween Clek Oobr Britax Parkway SGL
    TechnoKid Britax Frontier ClickTight Graco Tranzitions

4. Thank You from:

I can confirm that I've seen the TFP at BRU (though apparently not all of them have it) and actually purchased one from the Mississauga Baby Proofing Plus location.

Where are you located, morleahsmom?

Have you had a chance to try out the installs with the Radian? It would be good to do so and see how it goes, that might help you decide.
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize the TFP and Rebound were the same seats - knowing that it's available might make the decision easier... let the waffling continue!

Still debating the Radian, going to try it out in the Mitsubishi RF in the next couple of days. If it doesn't work there, will definitely go with the TFR. Hope Halifax TRU has it (I'm in NS), otherwise it'll have to be an on-line transaction .

Mommycat - I tried the Radian RF in the Kia Sportage; it seems like it will work (barely), but I didn't do a real install, as the shop owner seemed a little anxious that I might get her seat dirty in my filthy car. The Mitsubishi is the one it will live in, so that will be the true test. Also want to take DD with me and sit her in the seats before I decide. She's a little chunky; want to make sure she fits...

Quote Originally Posted by morleahsmom View Post
    Thanks everyone! I didn't realize the TFP and Rebound were the same seats - knowing that it's available might make the decision easier... let the waffling continue!
    In the U.S., it's the Premier. In Canada, it's the Rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    but at least it isn't the TF XT
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Quote Originally Posted by tiggercat View Post
    but at least it isn't the TF XT
    No doubt!

That'll be the next one.

morleahsmom, at which store did you try the Radian? There may be a new store around that may let you do a better try... I will PM you.
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Except on the cover. The word Premier is on the Canadian cover. Says True Fit Premier up by the kids head.

It's super straight forward.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangie View Post
    Except on the cover. The word Premier is on the Canadian cover. Says True Fit Premier up by the kids head.

It's super straight forward.
    I'm thinking to myself "What? I'm sure I've seen Premier on there." At least now I know I wasn't losing my mind.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by morleahsmom View Post
    Still debating the Radian, going to try it out in the Mitsubishi RF in the next couple of days. If it doesn't work there, will definitely go with the TFR. Hope Halifax TRU has it (I'm in NS), otherwise it'll have to be an on-line transaction .
    I'm in the HRM and willing to let you try my RNXT in your car(s) if you'd like. I'm around most days. PM me if you'd like to meet up.