I so want to trade vehicles...

mommy2jana

I want to trade vehicles with my mom!!!!

I have a 2000 BMW 323i - 4 dr. She has a 2001 Mercedes ML320. I LOVE the way all of Jana's carseats install in her vehicle!!!! Last night, I was finally able to find a way to get Jana's Marathon RF'ing in my car and tethered. (Jana lost weight since she was sick last Friday and this past weekend, so she's back down to 30-31 lbs) My mom needed to use my car today to drive to Vero Beach for work and she needed her windshield replaced, so the windshield people are coming here to the office to fix it. I just went out and installed the MA in the Mercedes in case my mom doesn't make it back before I leave work. The MA installed RF like a dream!!!! And she has the perfect place for me to tether with the D-ring! There are also these other little things on the floor, they look just like the tethers in the back cargo area....I'm wondering if they are actually RF tethers. I think I'm going to sneak a peek at the manual when I go to lunch. If so, it is the perfect vehicle to RF tether in!

I came back into the office and told my mom that now I really want to trade cars with her! We've joked around about it before because my mom misses having a little car, I'm tired of my little car and I really want a small SUV. The only difference is my car is paid for and hers is not. We have the same amount of miles on our cars. Man, I really wish we could trade!

Jana's MA installs great FF'ing, and the Regent installed great, too!

Sorry - I just had to share this somewhere, and I know you all here are the only ones that understand what goes on in my carseat obsessed brain!!!

ADS

Suzibeck

So BMW is still hard to install in huh? When our oldest was born, we had an old BMW from the early 1980s. It was near impossible to get a good install in that car! Dd was only a few months old when we sold it and went down to one vehicle. We couldn't afford the maintenance on the BMW anyway, but I do miss the ride. It was a fun car to drive.

mommy2jana

It's not too terribly hard to install in, I get a nice solid install outboard with my MA ff'ing. My car is just so tiny (since its a 3-series), its hard to maneuver around in! I cannot install the seat in the center to save my life! It has a horrid lightweight locking latchplate that is impossible to get tight enough. Oh, and I hate the angle of my seats....my MA always seems to end up pulling away from the seat. Not to mention that I seem to bump DD's head most of the time while trying to lift her up and into the seat!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has had problems with my carseat in a BMW!

I definitely know what you mean about maintenance costs! It is horrible to maintain! The newer ones, however, are coming with a fantastic maintenace plan! Oh, how I wish I wanted a car payment!!! :p lol

southpawboston

funny how you call the 3-series "tiny", yet in europe they also have the 1-series, which is more like the size of a toyota yaris, lol...

yeah, german cars are expensive to maintain and repair, period. but BMW does have an amazing maintenance plan, and a great warranty, so just make sure you sell the car before those expire... because then you'll be hit up hard for $$$ to keep 'em going.

Morganthe

funny how you call the 3-series "tiny", yet in europe they also have the 1-series, which is more like the size of a toyota yaris, lol...

Awww, those tiny cars are really fun to drive, pretty solid for their size, not a tin can car. They're really not designed to haul a full sized family on a trip. They're an excellent second car for city commuting or a single/duo driving. Although it was amusing to see 4 college aged people packed into those things tooling down the autobahn with ski equipment on a roof rack. I kept expecting to see Flintstone feet running on the bottom to get up the mountains :p

southpawboston

Although it was amusing to see 4 college aged people packed into those things tooling down the autobahn with ski equipment on a roof rack. I kept expecting to see Flintstone feet running on the bottom to get up the mountains :p

and yet, they sell an M-version of the 1-series that will blow the pants off of most american cars, so the flintstone analogy isn't quite working for me... :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC