Question Graco Lindsey infant seat.

momma2kda

does anyone know about when the lindsey graco infant seat was manufactured? like year? my friend bought one at a yard sale and i cannot convince her not to use to the seat. yes the seat looks brank new it has no fading or anything and thats why she feels its safe to use. please help me to get a date or something!!

ADS

marjen

Not sure about the car seat, but I had a Lindsey pack n play that I bought new back in 2007.

The Lindsey is not a rear adjust. It is a front adjust and was sold at BRU with a matching Metrolite stroller (they may have been sold separately). I don't think it's expired at all...it's not *that* old.

The yard sale part is questionable though...may still be unsafe- could have been crashed/dropped etc.

momma2kda

The Lindsey is not a rear adjust. It is a front adjust and was sold at BRU with a matching Metrolite stroller (they may have been sold separately). I don't think it's expired at all...it's not *that* old.

The yard sale part is questionable though...may still be unsafe- could have been crashed/dropped etc.

i tried that. she said that it looks new and it doesn't have any bent plastic or anything and its a front adjust seat

oh and i forgot to add she got a free new car seat from the health department but she wants to use it as her spare seat.

skitle1802

Was the free seat a snugride? You could tell her she could use the cute cover on the new seat.
I have a feeling it won't be that easy though.

momma2kda

ok i want your alls opinion im thinking about ordering a new harness strap set for the seat(i know they machine washed theres when they bought it) and was wondering if i should get the free seat recall replacement cover and take the old one just incase its bad?

urchin_grey

ok i want your alls opinion im thinking about ordering a new harness strap set for the seat(i know they machine washed theres when they bought it) and was wondering if i should get the free seat recall replacement cover and take the old one just incase its bad?

Wait, your friend machine washed the harness from the garage sale seat?

skitle1802

So to clarify, you want to enable her to "safely" use an unknown seat? If the seat was involved in the recall, and she's going to use the seat no matter what, then yeah I would get the replacement but make her do it. I wouldn't expend any energy to help her use a possibly dangerous seat. (And the replacement covers aren't the pretty patterns, just plain coordinated colors) I had a Mystic (blue plaid) pattern cover and got a blue denim cover, I think the girly ones ended up with a pink gingham.

momma2kda

So to clarify, you want to enable her to "safely" use an unknown seat? If the seat was involved in the recall, and she's going to use the seat no matter what, then yeah I would get the replacement but make her do it. I wouldn't expend any energy to help her use a possibly dangerous seat. (And the replacement covers aren't the pretty patterns, just plain coordinated colors) I had a Mystic (blue plaid) pattern cover and got a blue denim cover, I think the girly ones ended up with a pink gingham.

no matter what she has her mind set to use this seat and will not change it i have tried to talk her out of it since march so i guess my thinking is to make it as safe as possible since right now i wouldnt trust it to hold a baby doll in a wreck.. at least if i get her new straps and the cover there will be a little more ease in my mind rather than the straps washed in the machine. i know i should(nt) help her to use it but she is not going to change her mind. the health department checked the seat for her and told her it was safe so she thinks its safe. sorry if im rambling on. and the cover she has is the lindsey one.

ericarizo

Wether or not the Evenflo Discovery is cheap it is NEW and safer than using a used one. She can probably call Evenflo and get a girly cover for it.

momma2kda

Wether or not the Evenflo Discovery is cheap it is NEW and safer than using a used one. She can probably call Evenflo and get a girly cover for it.

i know but she has set her mind to use the graco seat because she heard graco was the best.

urchin_grey

Ok yeah, she needs a new harness, like, yesterday.

Obviously we aren't sure that the seat is safe, period, but if she wanted to make it worse, she sure picked the best way to do it. :rolleyes:

skitle1802

Sorry, if I came off harsh. I understand you can't change her mind for her. And you want the baby to be safe, yes, a new harness would be better than a washed/un-known history harness. And if the model was included in the recall, yes, she needs a new one (the problem didn't show until washing the cover several times) but keep in mind, it probably won't be the same pattern, just a coordinating color in a generic pattern, so she may not even use it. And you may be able to find someone on here with a same color shell snugride they are willing to part with. Good luck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC