Via Infant seat?

ADS

Pixels

Don't have one, but I was reading about it just a day or two ago. The biggest stand out turn-off for me is that it can't be used without the base. I don't use an infant seat without the base often, but when I do, it's worth it. I don't want to HAVE to bring the base when I fly, or HAVE to move the base to get a ride one time in someone else's car.

stephie1012

yea i read that, i dont even take the infant seat out most days and we only ever use my van so its no issue. I hate to spend over $100 on an infant seat. i wish i could commit to using a convertible from birth.

jjordan

I have its predecessor (Compass Light & Portable infant seat). In general I like the seat okay. It is kind of annoying that you can't install without the base. And, the lockoff on the base is really stiff and hard to use. Also the handle isn't allowed to be straight up in the car. Other than those three things I really do like the seat. Of course, I'm not totally sure what has changed and what hasn't changed between the seat I have and the current Via seats, so this might not be all that helpful to you. :)

katieinqc

I had one that I won from here for my third child. For my first 2 I had a Snugride (20 lb.). I was really excited to win it because it was nice and new, seemed stronger and deeper than the Snugride, had the ability to use the handle as an anti-rebound bar, and had higher limits.

I wasn't too concerned about not being able to use it without the base because we had a convertible for her to use on the rare occasion she would be in dh's car and she never rode anywhere in anything else. What I didn't realize, though, was it also does not work at all with my strollers (Metrolite stroller that came with the Snugride and a Sit 'n Stand). While I don't use the snap-in feature often, I ended up getting the Snugride out to use a few times when I knew that feature would be helpful.

A major issue for me was that the harness adjuster got snagged on the back (wouldn't fully tighten) a number of times. I finally called their customer service, and they sent me a replacement which does not have the issue (I used the Snugride in the interim) and I have not heard what they found out from the one I sent. With the first one, not only was it a pain for me, it's a safety concern. It got caught a little before it would have been tight enough, so someone who didn't know better might think that since it couldn't be pulled tighter it was tight enough. For this reason I never let anyone else put her in and even though the new one never showed the issue, I explained the possibility and the pinch test when I passed it on.

Last, even though the stated limits were higher than the Snugride, my daughter outgrew it by height at the same time as she outgrew the Snugride (4 months, just like my other 2 - we have big kids!).

So, I really wanted to love it, I still like the feel of it and the ARB feature, but if I had paid for it I would have been disappointed overall because of the above issues. And if I hadn't still had the Snugride I would have been SOL a few times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC