Harness question

Ok my fellow car seat obsessed friends & esperts, I'm having a harness problem & need help.

My DDs ride in Crapnera's, uh I mean, Sceneras. They're great & fab & all but I'm running into the problem that I cannot do the harness on DD2's seat. It's not a seat problem (well a tiny is as most know the Sceneras harnesses are a tad hard to tighten & loosen), I'm the problem. I no longer have enough strength in my left arm/hand to pull out/loosen it to get her out. She tries her best to help me (which used to work great) but she's not strong enough to pull it out on her own & I'm obviously not assisting her enough. I can't leave it tight because then she's struggling to get her arms in & out & screams, so it's obviously uncomfortable for her to squeeze in that way.

My basic question here is what seats do you feel offer a nice smooth harness?

I think for now I'm going to have to take my FPSVD back from my mom & use it for DD2 & just switch the GN to my moms car anytime we let her take DS, but that will offer a very temporary fix as it's a low RF weight & we know how we all feel about that. LOL...

This sucks because I cannot afford a new seat. I don't think I'd qualify for help from KDMF because technically my girls have perfectly fine seats that will harness to 40lbs.

Any suggestions will be gladly considered. TIA.

ADS

rosey2007

Could you just switch the Scenera with your mother and use the FPSVD until you reach the weight limit? Then save up your money until then to get you child something with a higher weight limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC