booster seat large 6yr

Katy

Can you recommend a booster seat for a 4'6 100lbs 6yr old? I think the mom drives a ford torus (sp?). The cheaper it is the more likely the family will be able to get one.

Also, off the top of your head, do you know what the weight is on the safety first interra backless booster??

ADS

Maedze

high back booster seats rated over 100 lbs include the Britax Parkway SG and the Sunshine Kids' Monterey. The Combi Kobuk recently was rated over 100 pounds, but I don't see a 100 lb kid being comfortable in that.

If the vehicle has head rests, the Harmony backless from TRU is rated to 110 pounds.

The Intera has a rate of 100 lbs. However, upper weight limits on boosters are somewhat meaningless. I'm more concerned about the belt fitting correctly.

Given his size, I think the Monterey would be the most comfortable choice.

urchin_grey

Can you find out if she has head rests in her car? I know the older model Taurus doesn't have them, but I'm not sure about the new ones.

Katy

I did tell her about the need for headrests or a HBB, she never mentioned anything back to me. I'll be heading that way soon and take a quick peek in her car before I send her any recommendations.

However, upper weight limits on boosters are somewhat meaningless. I'm more concerned about the belt fitting correctly.

Can you touch base on this more??

Also he is a wide bottomed kid so would some seats not fit him widthwide?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'd look at the Monterey, but I think the best you're going to do price-wise on that, even with sales, is $100.

Raegansmom4

I know my 03 Taurus has no headrests, so it would have to be newer than that to have the possibility of headrests.

Maedze

I did tell her about the need for headrests or a HBB, she never mentioned anything back to me. I'll be heading that way soon and take a quick peek in her car before I send her any recommendations.

Can you touch base on this more??

Also he is a wide bottomed kid so would some seats not fit him widthwide?

While I'm not advocating disregarding a manufacturer's limit, it's not the BOOSTER that's holding in the child, it's the seatbelt...the exact same seatbelt that holds in 300 pound men. The primary job of the booster is to position the belt correctly. If the belt is positioned correctly, it's doing what it's supposed to do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC