I think Graco made an "oopsies"...

djma

Okay, so a few weeks/months ago Target.com started carrying the SafeSeat 2 in a pattern called "Ionic." Well, a reviewer said that this seat actually went to 50 pounds and 48 inches. How would she know that unless it's stated on the box or in the manual? Although online, the description is 40 pounds. And Gracobaby.com also showed the Ionic pattern when you browse through their toddler seat selection. Now...all of a sudden, the Ionic SS2 is not listed on Gracobaby.com and is backordered or "arriving in 2-6 weeks" on other sites that carried it. Hmmm????

Do you think that someone at Graco let them slip out? None of the other reviewers on Target.com have mentioned the higher weight/height of their Ionic seats.

Just thought that it was wierd...
:rolleyes:

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I think Target and other online stores jumped the gun with their product descriptions and then hastily corrected them after customers who were eagerly awaiting the 50 lb. weight limit SS2 contacted Graco and found out that it's not yet available with the 50 lb. limit. It's possible the reviewer assumed the SS2 in Ionic had the 50 lb. limit before the description was corrected, but based their review on the current 40 lb. limit model. I haven't read the actual reviews on Target though to see if anyone is claiming to have purchased the SS2 with higher 50 lb. weight limit. Sometimes reviews at Target and Amazon appear to be written by folks who haven't actually purchased the item.

Splash

And sometimes they're written by absolute morons who install their Cargos rear facing and say "He can rear face until 80 pounds, which is the safest way to ride. It doesn't say it on the box, but as long as you get a really tight install it's fine to put it backwards."

Um. Yeah.

Brycen'sMommy

The review about the Safeseat 2 is from a mom from another car seat board that I visit. I know she doesn't own the seat. She has actually reviewed quite a few seats she doesn't own. It's kind of annoying really. Like a PP I want a review from someone who actually owns the seat. But it's not like I use the Target reviews any way. Most people have no idea what they are talking about especially when it comes to car seats :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC