Please look at my installation

kacie

Hi! I couldn't get a snug installation with the seatbelt in the center spot, so it's now behind the passenger seat.

I used a protractor to mark a line that's 10 degrees different from the red line on the TrueFit -- I'm assuming that one was 45 degrees.

The seat is the regular TrueFit, not the fancy one. The car is an '06 Ford Focus sedan.

Install is with LATCH.

The car in these photos is at an extremely slight incline, but when the seat was installed it was more level. My husband used a level to make sure the left and right sides of the seat were balanced.

I have one picture to show that the headrest of the TF is touching the passenger headrest, but it isn't braced (in my opinion, anyway).

Did we do it ok? Please?

Oh, and at what age is it ok to adjust from 45 to 35 degrees? Because if it's somewhere between the 9-12 month mark, maybe I will go ahead and get another TrueFit for baby #2 since the more upright installation fits WAY better than at 45*!

ADS

mommycat

Looks ok to me as well. Did you check your vehicle manual (air bag section) for any warnings against leaning/kicking/touching the front passenger seat? If your car has advanced airbags with a sensor in the seat, it may not work properly with the carseat touching even a little. If so, you can try to put the front seat on click more upright or ahead or change the TF install just a little bit. If you didn't before, you can stand behind the seat as you install (take off the headrest to make it easier) and push with your hips towards the back of the car as you tighten - that will bury the adjuster a bit more but might buy you a slight bit of room for the front seat.

Keep in mind that for the baby, assuming he as at least an inch of shell over his head and is under 22lbs, you can leave the headrest off until he reaches those limits.

jess71903

Ambassador
Good job! It's fine that you did, but you don't have to make sure it's level side-to-side. Tilting a little isn't a problem. I love the TF in the Focus. We've had one as a loaner twice, and the TF fit like a dream!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC