I was reading the ProBooster manual today and realized....

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
That there is no age range listed. Upon further reading I came across a paragraph that addresses this. It says that "Recaro cannot recommend what age your child has to be before riding in a belt positioning booster." It then goes on to say to check your state's laws regarding boosters. Did the Vivo manual say the same thing?

ETA: I am not asking because I intend to use it for a young child. I am just asking about the Vivo manual because I am curious. I have just not seen that statement in a booster manual before. I thought it was an odd, CYA type sentence.

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I don't know, but if you checked the NY state child restraint laws, you would find that a child under 4 that was not over 40 pounds, could not sit in a belt postitioning booster:)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Nice. That means in a proper use state it's legal to use as soon as your child hits their lower weight limit.

Wendy

urchin_grey

Well... Its not like anyone here waits until 4 and 40 to booster anyway (that is, if they even booster at all). :rolleyes:

christineka

The vivo manual says 3, 30 pounds, 34 inches tall, and the child's ears must be at least even with the bottom of the headrest. (I think that's what I remember reading anyway.)

ETA: Okay, it says 30 pounds, 37 inches tall, and the ears at least level with the bottom of the headrest. I didn't see an age.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sort of par for the course from Recaro, given the old 9 months rating on the Start as a booster and 18 pounds for the YoungSport, I guess.

Pixels

The page before OP's quote, it says to only use with a child in the height, weight, and age range recommended. So, if there is no recommended age, logic dictates that no child may ride in the booster. (Sorry, channeling Tuvok.)

Maedze

The page before OP's quote, it says to only use with a child in the height, weight, and age range recommended. So, if there is no recommended age, logic dictates that no child may ride in the booster. (Sorry, channeling Tuvok.)

Obscure ST:V reference wins cookie!

morlando27

The Vivo box (at least the old one) says 3-12 years and the product info on Recaro's web site says 3-12 for the ProBooster too so maybe it has a suggested age range on the box. I'd guess someone that is going to put a child under 3 in a booster seat probably isn't going to spend much time reading the manual.

kaleigh71

The Vivo box (at least the old one) says 3-12 years and the product info on Recaro's web site says 3-12 for the ProBooster too so maybe it has a suggested age range on the box. I'd guess someone that is going to put a child under 3 in a booster seat probably isn't going to spend much time reading the manual.

Now I wish I still had the ProBooster box, because I could almost swear it had that on it. Seems stupid to put it on the box but not in the manual.

a_js

Well... Its not like anyone here waits until 4 and 40 to booster anyway (that is, if they even booster at all). :rolleyes:

Pretty much the case here, too.

I can see why Recaro wants to put the responsibility for that decision on to the parents.. on the other hand, is that such a great idea?

Callansmomma

CPS Technician

Nope. There is no age range on the box.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC