WTH was he thinking???

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I was just coming home today from taking baby to the Dr. DH had the other 3 kids and was just going to turn off my street. He stopped and rolled the window down to tell me where he was taking them (I did notice he found the car seats for everyone). As soon as the window was down, my 5yo yells "Mommy, Grace's seat is not installed" (I have 2 boosters and a Scenera for the 3yo) WHAT?!!! I made him back right back up to our house. He had set the seat in there, buckled her harness but not even bothered to attempt to install it. HELLO, he knows how picky I am. His response, "If I'd have gotten out of here one minute sooner" and then "I don't know how to install it" I told him he could at least put the belt through and tighten it as much as he could. A somewhat loosely installed seat would certainly be better than one just sitting there.
Looks like he gets to have 3 permanent seats again so this won't happen. He hates that but so not worth risking him driving like that.
Grrrrr.......Thank heavens for my kids knowing how dangerous that is and tattling on Dad.

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

:eek:

I'm sorry, I don't know your situation. Are you and your DH on good terms? He live with you? Cause there ain't no way in hell I'd put up with that.

Glad your kids know better and alerted you, but seriously, that would be a HUGE fight I'd be having with my DH.

Athena

You have an amazing 5 yo!!!

I'm trying to control myself from all the things I want to say about your DH's behavior, like finishing his statement for him .. if he'd gotten out of there one minute sooner .. his 3 yo could be dead.

So sorry you're having to deal with this and so thankful your 5 yo is so incredibly amazing!

urchin_grey

Uh. Yeah. WW3.

Rob would never, ever, EVER think of doing that. For one, he knows I would literally beat the ever living shit out of him, but he would never think of endangering Bram that way. He knows how to install our Scenera (that's our spare, haven't had a reason to teach him how to install the other seats yet) but even then, he usually makes me do it or at least check it because he "wants to make sure its right".

I'm even more disturbed by the fact that your DH was "bummed" that he didn't get away with it.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Holy cow, he endagered your child that much and is mad that he didn't leave sooner?

What if he HAD left sooner, and crashed?!

I'm not married so I don't have much room to say this, but if I were married and that were my DH, he'd be in the doghouse so majorly I wouldn't even know where to begin. (I pity my future DH, having to put up with my transportaiton issues, lol.)

Permanantly installed seats (or at least the harnessed one, boosters maybe not so necessary on a permanant basis) sound like the minimum in terms of "punishment." If he doesn't want them permanantly installed, then he should learn how to install them and DO IT.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Wow.

Somehow the wires must have got crossed when you were talking about seats being life or death, huh?

In an emergency situation once my husband was unable (under severe stress) to install a seat for one of my kids properly in my mom's car. Instead of letting it go or even "doing the best he could" and knowing it was probably wrong, he switched cars with my mom so she could use our already-installed seats. He hates driving my mom's car. But he knows it is THAT important that our kids ALWAYS ride in properly installed and used seats.

Evolily

I'd be tempted to call up someone to take the kids for a day and sit out in front of your house and teach him how to install each seat, and then have him repeat the install over and over until he's mastered installing the seats. After I seethed in rage and perhaps threw a few objects.

Totally not cool.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC