Question I am NOT looking forward to this...

kidnurse

..but it has to be done. I need to wash the cover for my Radian (80SL if that makes a difference ?), dcp let it get pretty dirty, but that is a vent for another post..:rolleyes: . I know the cover is not easy to get on and off so I am wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for the easiest way to get it on and off?

ADS

kidnurse

OK that was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Although after getting those long black pins out, I can see why it takes so long and so much effort to do so. I took me, maybe, 15 minutes. I wiggled them loose enough to slide sturdy scissors in between the pins and the cover, then carefully pried the pins out.

jess71903

Ambassador
I now use the splitter plate to wedge between the cover and the seat to pry the pins off. That way, I don't have to go searching for something :).

kidnurse

What about putting it back on is difficult? Is it those two black pins? Could I use a hammer to gently tap them back into place?

Mingie

CPST Instructor
What about putting it back on is difficult? Is it those two black pins? Could I use a hammer to gently tap them back into place?

Well it just took a bit to align and figure out all of the attachments. And I was just able to push the two black pins in without too much effort. I guess it was just kind of fiddly.

AtTheSouthDam

I now use the splitter plate to wedge between the cover and the seat to pry the pins off. That way, I don't have to go searching for something :).

Ever since that tip that is all do. It works so well.

I just a did a full wipe of my Princes RN so I think I have down to a point now that it is no such a hassle. DD2 ate chocolate in her seat after a baby shower a few weeks ago and managed to get chocolate melted into the velcro attached to the harness straps. YUCK.

skitle1802

I used the safe stop to pull out the pins that way I didn't have to mess with the spliter plate. I haven't found the covers that difficult to remove or replace.

kidnurse

I had been incredibly intimidated at the thought of taking this thing apart and putting it back together to clean it, but when all is said and done, I really didn't have a hard time with it at all. Not getting the cover off or putting it back together. :)

One down, one more to go..

monstah

I had been incredibly intimidated at the thought of taking this thing apart and putting it back together to clean it, but when all is said and done, I really didn't have a hard time with it at all. Not getting the cover off or putting it back together. :)

One down, one more to go..

You so just jinxed yourself. ;)

kidnurse

monstah - I laughed so hard when I read that, and figured you were probably right........but :eek: the 2nd was WAY easier even than the first. Of course it helped that I used the splitter trick the 2nd time around. :thumbsup:

Lulu

I just took mine off and didn't realize they were pins. I treated them like buttons in a button hole. I was thinking to myself that it was so weird that they didn't reinforce the button hole on a $300 seat. :p

PurpleCat

i knew there was a trick to taking the cover off and for the life of me i couldn't remember. :) i need to wash my cover for the first time (it's got sweat stains on it, ewww) and i was hoping to find that trick again.

quick question, can you take off the cover with it installed?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC