Maestro or is there a better option?

Mom2FiveGirls

I really thought we'd be ok and wouldn't need a new seat for DH's car, but we do. DD4 has been booster training some with me and has done really well. Tonight DH took DD3 and DD4 with him. I had all the seats out of the car so I just put 2 HBBs in for them. DH turned around to check on DD4 at a stoplight and she had unbuckled the seat belt! He immediately stopped and buckled her again and talked to her about how dangerous it was, etc. She stayed buckled the rest of the trip. But now its got him totally freaked out and he does not want her in a booster for a while. I agree. If she can't be trusted not to unbuckle the seatbelt, she doesn't need to be in a booster.

So, we need a harnessed seat for DH's car that she fits in. She's 4.5 years old (she'll be 5 in September), 40", and 38 lbs. She's even with the top straps in the scenera. Ideally, I'd like a seat that I can change the harness setting without taking the seat out of the car. That way it would be easy for both DD4 and DD5 to use it (DD5 will be 3 on June 21 so I'm ok with her FFing in DH's car). That's not a must though. We really don't have a lot of money to spend and they aren't in his car but a few times a month at the most, so I need something fairly cheap. Any suggestions?

ADS

Spam

The Maestro is a really great seat. I actually like it better than i thought i would and more than the nautilus. Are they're torso's any where near the same height, you could possibly have it on the same slot for both of them. The harness heights are almost the same as the nauti, it installs easy, and no head slump issues. The only seat I can think of that wouldn't need rethreading and you could probably find for around $100 would be a truefit.

vonfirmath

I was going to recommend the Maestro until I saw the no-rethread harness thing. I don't know the heights of seats that do that :(

Mom2FiveGirls

It doesn't have to have a no re-thread harness...it would just be a nice plus. As far as torso height, DD#4 is on the third harness setting in the nautilus (and just moved up a few weeks ago, so she's got a ways to go before the next one). DD#5 is on the second harness setting (just slightly above the bottom setting). I think I'm just going to get a maestro. I can use that for DD4, the scenera for DD5, TBs for this older three. All five of them won't fit in there at once (DH just keeps my truck if he'll have all five of them) but that way he'll have a seat for each of them to use.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I change the harness on the regent without un-installing. So, keep in mine, if there is a space in the back, it is doable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC