Which seat would you pick?

ADS

HappyMommy

Radian XTSL!!!:) Pretty much guarantees RF till 4, FF until ready for a booster. Very well made, very sturdy, nice padding, nice straps, good SIP, RF tether...etc. If it fits your car, it is perfect!:)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Depends a lot on which age and car. I wouldn't buy a Radian if the parent owned a Mini Cooper and wanted it for a newborn, for example.

For me, in my cars, a Combi Coccoro and a True Fit Premier. Oh wait... LOL

I could see getting Piper a new booster. One with LATCH for my husband's car. Right now we have the Nautilus in my car, which doesn't have LATCH, and his car, with LATCH, has an old Parkway. But she uses her cubbies all the time in my car, so I can't bear to make the switch.

Wendy

monstah

Depends - I'd get a Frontier 85 for my DS. He is very big for his age and I would love to get him back in a harness even though he is perfectly well behaved in the Oobr.
My other favorite seats are the Radian and the Coccoro. I really love the Coccoro.

firemomof3

The Radian XTSL is my fav seat of all time. But I'm anxiously awaiting the Recaro ProSport...that might end up being my fav ff seat/booster

Lulu

The fr85 is the perfect seat for my extra tall 5yo boy. I have it and would choose it again with an unlimited budget. It has fit well into every car I've tried it in so far.

I have the radian XTSL right now and would choose it again for my Odyssey at this time. I would, however, ditch it immediately for anything that came on the market in the same price range, with the same expiration, the same limits or better, etc, but was easier to install and didn't constantly need to be reinstalled to keep it off my passenger seat back. :mad:

Lulu

After thinking about it some more, I might try a TFP if I had to do it again. I don't know much about it.

Mags462

I love the seats i have for my vehicle - a Nauti, TF, and CCO... they are all perfect for their intended riders.

BUT i would LOVE to snag a marathon for my parents car.... they are car seat challenged and it doesn't get much easier than installing Britax seats w/ latch FF. I just refuse to pay the Britax price for convertibles - but i money were no object i would get one for the grans. :)

babyherder

A multi-tech. My car has no top tethers so I would love to rear face until booster age (actually would love to rear face until booster age even if I had top tethers...lol). Plus the multi-tech has a red cover!

urchin_grey

An XTSL (and I just got one yesterday off swap). :love: In no shape, way, or form does my 25lb 5 year old need a seat with a 45lb RF'ing limit, but I just love how low profile the Radian is (DS can't walk so this makes lifting him in easier), I love NOT having the continuous harness (they are a PITA to me), and I LOOOOVE the Flora cover. :p

jjordan

I would get a Frontier 85. I have absolutely no need for another car seat right now, so I won't actually get it, but if money were no issue then I absolutely would!

christineka

If I had money and could choose whatever seats I wanted, I'd keep dd4 in her current radian and ds2 in his tfp. (Soon, I may have to switch them, though.) For dd3 I'd buy the recaro prosport, ds1 is perfect in the bodyguard (don't know what I'd replace it with should anything happen to it), keep dd2 in her vivo- she loves it and she fits, and for dd1, I'd like the clek otto. I guess I've already made my van very close to perfection in my eyes!

If I could get any seat to just play with or have for the heck of it, I'd like any of the newer seats. I really like the evenflo momentum, recaro probooster and the prosport.

kdkm

Definitely a Flora Radian XTSL or a Carrot Cake Coccoro! I also love the Julius Clek Oobr. I might get the Radian for my niece to use in my car once I get it on the road.

NannyMom

Do I have to pick just 1? I currently want a few....

Momentum65: RF to 40 pounds, good for the friend's 3 years old I sometimes drive. Easy to adjust harness height, because it would be shared with 17 month old BabyS.

EFTA65 (when it comes out): Grandma saw how easy the knobs were in DH's truck, and wished for one :whistle: I know the knobs would work in her car because I tried it out months ago and offered it to her, but she said the MA was fine (apparently not realizing the wonder of the knobs) :rolleyes:

FR85: Harness J longer. Use for Sofi after she's FF in my car

Yes, my name is NannyMom and I have an addiction.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC