Stupid GN buckle

koriandjon

Ok so I have been fighting with this thing and now its pissing me off...LOL...had to get that off my chest.

So my GNs buckle sometimes will not unbuckle or sometimes wont stay buckled. We have to keep trying by pushing in the buckle button and then tugging on the straps as hard as we can to make sure its latched. But on the other hand it gets stuck buckled or only one will unbuckle but the other one wont. Anyone else had this problem??? Tried calling Graco twice first time they were in training and second time they were closed. I live in WA so time difference is a killer. Also dont really want to pull the whole freaking thing out to get a product number...I know lazy but its 3rd row in a T&C and freaking tightened in there.

Also while I am posting its like I said and 3rd row on driver side and today noticed it really is in the way of seeing behind. Should I move it over to passenger side? Whats nice is my son RF on the 2nd row passenger and my ODD keeps him entertained. So should we do musical car seats??? My YDD is in the driver side 2nd row so not sure what to do because its going to get in the way no matter where it is...I tried to see if I could put it down and yeah thats a no go. She is freakishly long/tall. Any advice would be great. Funny that I never noticed this problem in my DHs car or in my previous car. And its already reclined...tried that too. So at a loss.

ADS

Evolily

Have you tried running water through it? Sometimes it gets stick and this helps. I would be concerned if it seems to be latching and isn't- I would actually change to booster mode (if the child's big enough/old enough) or use another seat until you talk to Graco.

koriandjon

I tried the water and letting it dry. We didnt seem to have an issue at first but maybe I just didnt notice it before?? There is no way I will put her booster. She is tall enough and old enough but she is barely 37 lbs and autistic. I am more willing to tug at it than to put her in a seat belt. Just because I know she wont use her seatbelt properly at all.

firemomof3

This has happened to me also. Just call Graco, they have excellent customer service and should send you a new one. Explain your situation and how you have run warm water through without any change. Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
yes. This happened with a few buckles, and they were replaced. Some of us, like myself, found that running water through eliminated the problem, but others needed new buckles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC