getting a coccoro for dd.. help me pick a color!

jack&libby'smom

I think we've decided (or our subaru forester with a tiny backseat has forced us to decide): We're getting a coccoro for dd! I :love: the look, but can't decide on a color. she's currently in her brother's old blue maxi cosi, and people keep asking if she's a boy, even when she's wearing pink dresses :D

Anyway, I'm tempted by the pink ('strawberry shake'), but worried it might get dirty fast. Has anyone seen it IRL? how's the color? is it as light as it looks on the interwebs?

I also kind of like the orange ('carrot cake') or the light green (keylime) or the black (licorice), the red (cherry pie), even the brown (chestnut).

help me choose! which color for my 3 month old daughter? thanks!

http://www.combi-intl.com/Products/Item.aspx?Item=12

oh, and she's our last child, so I'm not worried about using this for anyone else. we're stopping at two! :)

Thanks!

ADS

lpperry

We have Cherry Pie and I love it! It is in my signature. I also love Carrot Cake! All the Coccoro colors are awesome! If I had a girl and it was my last baby, I would definitely get Strawberry Shake!

NVMBR02

I have the strawberry shake and so far so good! I have had it for a few months now (4ish?) and it hasn't been dirty yet (except when I ordered the cover from Combi) My baby is young still but it is in the middle of my older two kids. Anyway, I like it. My first choice would have been the keylime color but I thought it would clash with my other seats.

ETA: it is pretty light. I can get a pciture tomorrow sometime. We are having a garage sale and then have dinner plans though so I will be fairly busy.

jack&libby'smom

What seat is your ds in? I think it would be fun to get something that matches or complements!

Ds is in a britax frontier in the red rock color - which I think means that the cherry pie color is out of the question. too many clashing shades of red for my back seat!

Mags462

I love the licorice.... but worried that it would fade or get super hot in the OK sun - so i bought a cool mint for DS3. It's really pretty in person - DH doesn't think it's manly enough ;)

I understand the contrasting reds - that would drive me nuts... but i really think licorice would look nice next to the frontier.

If you really wanted to girl it up of course the strawberry shake would be perfect, and i wouldn't worry about it getting dirty. The cool mint i have is pretty pale blue on the inside and it's totally fine stain wise. There has been many "dirty" little fingers poking at their baby brother and it still looks brand new.

I like carrot cake alright, but I'm not such a fan of the key lime unless it's super intense green in real life - could be cool.

jack&libby'smom

I'm afraid carrot cake and keylime will also clash with the red rock, so I guess I'll have to choose between strawberry shake and licorice. Both sound good.

Thanks for the advice :)

babyherder

I'd probably go with pink then. Although I don't think any solid color (other than a different shade of red) would clash with your Frontier. But I haven't seen a coccoro in person so I'm not sure.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I've owned all the colors except Licorice, Hazelnut, and Cherry Pie. (Yeah, I have issues...)

Keylime is my favorite, hands down.

FWIW, my DD used the Strawberry for a couple months and I just sold that cover. It was in pristine condition--I think the person who bought it would attest to that. Poiny being that we didn't have a problem with dirt, although my DD wasn't walking, so we didn't have dirty shoes to worry about.

I would get whatever color you want regardless of what other seats are in the car. It's not like your kids wear matching clothes everyday, right?

Something else to keep in mind: replacement covers are pretty inexpensive, so you could always stock up on a few if you can't decide. :whistle:

metatliveevent

I'm new, but I'll chime in.

I think ALL little girls should have lots of pink. :) Besides, I'd be afraid that the black (licorice?) would get too hot in the sun.

So another vote for the strawberry from me.

monstah

FWIW, my DD used the Strawberry for a couple months and I just sold that cover. It was in pristine condition--I think the person who bought it would attest to that. Poiny being that we didn't have a problem with dirt, although my DD wasn't walking, so we didn't have dirty shoes to worry about.
Looks like brand new. :D

But I'm not as big of a fan of the shade of pink as I thought I would be. I would call it "rose" or "rainy day pink" :p. I have it in the car next to a granite Radian and it's a little drab for me. But it's staying. ;)

The chestnut (while a boring brown) usually looks super cute when a baby girl in pink clothes is in it. The brown always compliments whatever shade of pink baby is wearing.

I am determined to get a key lime and/or cool mint. But my first order of business is to get my hands on a princess RN cover.

I'm afraid carrot cake and keylime will also clash with the red rock, so I guess I'll have to choose between strawberry shake and licorice. Both sound good.
I think key lime wouldn't clash at all and the pink would. The licorice is guaranteed not to clash.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC