Happy! And questions about harness height, booster training, and radian rf limit

jjordan

(Thanks to whomever changed my title!)

My dd turned 4 in April and is 36-37 pounds (clothed), pretty average height, maybe a little short for her age but with a proportionally longer torso than legs, based on how she outgrows clothes. (I know if I don't say that you'll be wondering as you read the rest!)

Anyway, first the happy - in the past few days I have been worried that she'd outgrow her boulevard really soon and then I'd have to decide what to do. So I cranked the harness all the way up, sat her in it in the car, and checked the harness level compared to her shoulders. Oh happy day, it is about 1" above! :D So I think she'll probably fit in it another year or so, barring any odd torso growth spurts.

So, first random question - her other seat is a FPSVD. It's in the car that's in the shop so I can't see how far she is from the top slots. Are they the same as the BV, or maybe higher? I know the marathon top slots generally measure about 1/2" higher than the BV. (It's an older BV if that makes a difference, 33# RF limit.)

Second random question - assuming she makes it another year in her current seats, I will probably move her to full-time boostering when she does outgrow them. So when should I start booster training?

Third random question (really random, sorry!) - I just noticed TODAY that my Radian 80 (DOM 7/2008) has a sticker with a 33# RF weight limit listed. I thought for sure it was 35#. Anyone know when they switched? I know I could call SK, and I will tomorrow if no one knows! Couldn't call today because we were out of the house all day.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

crunchierthanthou

Re: Happy! And some random questions about BV vs FPSVD harness height, booster training, and Radian RF weight limit

The BV and FPSVD are pretty similar in harness heights. I think some measurements put the BV slightly lower due to the headrest.

Not sure on the boostering. We haven't really, "booster trained". He started going on very short trips through the neighborhood at age 4.5, but that was only a couple blocks every few months. He took his first real ride in one last month at about age 5.5 (30 minutes each way) and did fine. :shrug-shoulders:

The incorrect Radian stickers were an issue for about 9 months. The manual changed Dec 07, as did all marketing materials. The labels never changed until they redesigned the seats in Sept 08.

jjordan

Re: Happy! And some random questions about BV vs FPSVD harness height, booster training, and Radian RF weight limit

Thank you!!

And thanks to whatever mod changed the title for me. (Was it you, crunchier?)

crunchierthanthou

You're welcome.

On both counts. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC