Compact convertible seats

Keeanh

Rather than hijack the Britax thread, I thought I would start a new one here. I started out by asking if the original Roundabout was going to stick around, but I would also like to know if there's any word on the Coccoro coming to Canada, or if there are other comfortable, compact (short AND narrow) seats I should be looking at.

I'm in a different situation from most people as I don't need seats to last one child a long time, nor do I need them to be flexible (as a daycare provider might like). I'm on baby #7 and they've all been about 2 years apart. I'm 31, so I will likely still have small children past the expiry date on any seat I buy now. Car seats only have to last a child 2 years and then they can be passed on to the next baby.

It seems that everything in my life is by necessity big, cluttered, or crowded. I would really like to have a small, compact seat for my babies when that is all that is needed. As well, with so many passengers, I would like to cut back on long seats that have to be crawled under or wide seats that steal space from neighbouring belted passengers.

Granted, our "every-two-years" pattern may not hold, but I expect that at any given time I will have at least one child who could fit nicely in a Roundabout, or even a Coccoro (if I could buy one). I would just really rather not have yet another big, long, wide, or bulky seat when it's not necessary.

I hope that all made sense. Thoughts?? Thanks!

Lesley

ADS

Keeanh

What do you drive?

Are you hoping to start with a convertible seat for baby #7?

Right now we have a '97 Mazda Protege, a 2000 GMC Safari, and a 2006 Chevy Express. I haven't even seen the Express yet (it's several hours away in my parents' backyard, LOL). I'm not concerned about space in terms of "puzzling". The chances of us having to put 3 across in the Protege are pretty slim, and anyways, I've always somehow managed to get something to fit. It's a pretty wide back seat.

I use an infant seat for the first few months, until the baby is too heavy for it to be convenient, or they want to sit up more in the stroller. 12 years, 4 infant seats, and I've never had to buy one, LOL. There always seems to be someone (who I trust!) who isn't using theirs.

Oh, I heard from Combi is that they are NOT currently planning on bringing the Coccoro to Canada. Too bad. At first I thought it looked weird, but now I think it's pretty cute.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC