subaru forester + rf infant + convertible = frustration. any ideas?

jack&libby'smom

Normally, I love my subaru forester (2007, so before they got made bigger) - it's safe and a good size. Except where RFing convertibles are concerned - most of them don't seem to fit.

I want to get a Radian for dd, but it sounds like there's no way to get it in there. Has anyone actually tried to cram one into the backseat of a forester? or, if you have one RFing for an infant (in any car), could you measure it for me at the widest point? I'd like to see how bad the front seat situation actually is.

Anyway, I suspect the Radian will have to wait. Any other suggestions? Is there a britax that might fit?

If you have a forester, what car seats are you using for RF?

Thanks for any ideas!

ADS

daniele_ut

My Subaru is an Impreza Outback Sport, but the Forester is built on an Impreza frame. We installed a RF Marathon when DS was about 8 months old, and used it until he was almost 3. DD used her Keyfit until she was like 15 months old, so we didn't start using the MA with her until then. It was installed relatively upright, and gave me a decent amount of legroom as long as the passenger seat was pretty upright.

I bought a Cocorro for that car about 8 months ago, and honestly, it makes a HUGE difference for us. It actually installs more securely, even with the long belt stalks, and it gives the passenger much more leg room. DD is almost 2.5 and still has some growing room in the Coccoro.

wavegal

You can fit an Evenflo triumph advance in there, I would imagine the marathon will too but trying to give you more options, I know the seatback of the radian is 17inches wide, but I don't see how it would fit front to back

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC