Quick! Which convertibles have the highest top slots?

essnce629

Higher than the current Britax seats?

Off the top of my head I can think of the TF/TFP, Radian, and CA. What about the Evenflo seats? I have no idea which ones have the highest slots. I'm trying to send a list to my friend who has a 9 month old. Thanks.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Complete Air, Radian, Recaros, TF, EFTA/Symphony (and I assume the Momentum), 50 lb 3-in-1 seats, and then the MyRide and Britax seats.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Basically, nearly all HWH seats. :) I'd be easier to list out the HWH that DON'T (Titan Elite, and um, um, ... ... and the 40 pound seats. hehe).

Wendy

essnce629

I meant the absolute highest though-- aren't the TF/Radian/CA top slots higher than the MR and Britax seats? DS1 is almost 7 and average size and his shoulders are about even or just a smidge above the TF/RA/CA slots, but he outgrew his Britax seats 2 years ago and is way too big for the MR too. Are the Evenflo seats (EFTA65? and Momentum's) slots as high as the TF/Radian/CA slots? If you want to keep your kid harnessed a long time, a TF/Radian/CA would most likely be the only harnessed seat you'd need to buy before going to a booster, but not if you buy a Britax convertible or MR, correct?

Jennifer mom to my 7

I meant the absolute highest though-- aren't the TF/Radian/CA top slots higher than the MR and Britax seats? DS1 is almost 7 and average size and his shoulders are about even or just a smidge above the TF/RA/CA slots, but he outgrew his Britax seats 2 years ago and is way too big for the MR too. Are the Evenflo seats (EFTA65? and Momentum's) slots as high as the TF/Radian/CA slots? If you want to keep your kid harnessed a long time, a TF/Radian/CA would most likely be the only harnessed seat you'd need to buy before going to a booster, but not if you buy a Britax convertible or MR, correct?

As long as your kids don't have humongous torsos and at the top of the growth charts;)

The thing with the britax seats and the myride is that they install very reclined when ff. IF you can get a britax more upright, you can gain more ff height. I was able to gain 4 months for my extremely long torsoed dd (who outgrew the decathlon ff at 3.25 years...)

I wanted to add, that even the bigger britax seats and the myride will last the "average" child to age 5 or so, so that would be booster age for a lot of parents.

ericarizo

Here is some of the seats and their highest harness height.

Evenflo Symphony-17in.
Evenflo Triumph Advance-16.5-17in.
Evenflo Titan-14-14.5in.
Graco Myride65-17in.
Complete Air-17in.
True Fit-17in.
Radian XTSL-17in.

Just to give you an idea. My 5yr.old, 45in. tall son can still RF in the Radian but none of the other seats listed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC