DH has Double Knee surgery Tomorrow- Send Good Thoughts, Please!

Yoshi

Hi everyone,
Just asking for some good thoughts and prayers for DH who is having outpatient arthroscopic knee surgery tomorrow. His knees have always given him trouble since he was in college and he has had several surgeries before- but the last one was 20 yrs ago. (He's 56 now) They are hopefully repairing a cartilage tear and who knows what else. He has been on crutches for the last week since the pain has gotten so bad- it used to be just one knee, now both are really painful. He may also at some later point get the joint lubrication fluid (don't know the real name,LOL) Our daughter has been helping him with his "crunches" as she calls them. I just want him to get some (eventual) relief! And she wants her Daddy back! Thanks, everyone!
Tina

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Oh wow - our thoughts/prayers are with you and especially your DH... Brian had arthroscopic knee surgery almost ten years ago (torn ACL/reconstruction). Before the knee surgery, he was in so much pain - the only time I've ever seen him cry from pain. :(

The recovery from arthroscopic surgery really isn't that bad, but Brian did go to all of this PT appointments and did all the exercises they said to do. Our insurance paid for this machine to bring home that slowly moved his knee at night to keep it from getting stiff - pretty cool, actually!

Anyway, they can do amazing things. I wish your DH a speedy recovery. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My thoughts are with you and your DH!!

I have had a couple different knee surgeries to repair ligament and cartilage tears and don't wish that pain on anyone. I think it is better than leaving it be, but it is still painful. I can't believe they are doing both knees at once!!! Yikes!

I hope he has a speedy recovery!!

Yoshi

Thank you everyone for your good wishes! He is home doing well, they found no tears and only minor arthritis, some "gunk" was flushed out, and hopefully he will be back on his feet soon. The Dr. said that the pain he was experiencing was possibly due to something with his patella, but they will discuss it more at his follow up. We had a "picnic" dinner on our bed with DD....she is being so nice to him, we are treating him as if he is "King Daddy" and he's getting special treatment.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i am glad it went well..i wish him a speedy recovery..

and the picnic in bed is a cute idea...:)

adamsmommy

Glad it went well! I had open knee surgery almost 3 years ago and I wish no one had to deal with knee pain. Glad no major damage!! What a relief!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC