New seat or will we make it to 3 in a MA?*pics*

judesmommy

I posted before, but didn't get any answers so I thought maybe it would be better to provide pics.

We have a MA installed outboard with a seatbelt in a 2001 Chevy Blazer.

DS is 20 months, 34 inches tall, 22.5 lbs. with a big big big head. :p

Anyways.... He outgrew his 3 in one RF that was in grandma's car.

Should I get a new seat 40 lbs RF seat for in my car and put the MA RF in grandma's car, Keep this seat in my car and get another seat for grandma's car?? I don't really like the complete air install in my car, I like the MR but I feel it's not much taller than my MA and I :love: the radian xt.

Here are some pics of him in his MA:
top: How many inches are left?? his head is leaning to the side.

P052610014.jpg

leg room: He still seems comfy with his legs.

P052610015.jpg

head straight on:
P052610016.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

agurlsride

I don't think he'll have a problem making it to 3yrs in the MA.....my son is almost 4.5 and his head is still about 3" from the top of his MA..but he outgrew it by weight at 2yrs old (33lb limit). He's not a small kid..pretty average I'd say, he is 42" tall and 38lbs.

abigaylebelle

I'd be surprised if he outgrew it by age 3. It's hard to tell with sticking up hair (my son also has sticking up hair) but it looks like several inches of shell to me.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd say he's got five inches above his head. So years and years.

How did he outgrow the 3 in 1 rear facing?? It's about as tall as a Marathon in shell height.

Wendy

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'd say he's got five inches above his head. So years and years.
How did he outgrow the 3 in 1 rear facing?? It's about as tall as a Marathon in shell height.

Wendy

This. He has many, many years left. Please check that link, im afraid you are measuring incorrectly.
years and years.....many, many years.......

henrietta

I wouldn't doubt that he's outgrown the 3-in-1 by height if he's long torsoed. My younger son is 22 mos, 34-35" tall, and almost 30 lbs-with a long torso. He has 1" above his head rearfacing in the AOE (3-in-1), but 3" or so in the Decathlon. FWIW, he uses the 3rd slots (not the top useable slots) on the AOE. If I raise the harness, it will be above his shoulders. At this harness height, the headrest is almost even w/the top of the shell. So, technically, he's outgrown it rearfacing.

henrietta

crunchierthanthou

In the OP's pics, is the pic of the legroom showing the seat installed??? I'm confused.

yes. It is a weird angle and I had to do a double take, too. You can see the mirror she has on the vehicle headrest in the upper right corner. The seams are the contour of the seatback. It looks like he's in the passenger side outboard position and the gap to his right is for the 60/40 split.

leg room: He still seems comfy with his legs.

P052610015.jpg

monstah

That picture of the leg room totally tripped me out! :dizzy: LOL! Now I know what a base-less forward facing MA would look like. :p

Oh, and I agree, he has oodles of room for RFing. :thumbsup:

judesmommy

yes, it is installed in the leg pic. Sorry for the weird angle!! I'll take head on pictures ASAP and I read about the measuring. I think I may be doing it wrong. I guess it feels weird to see their heads so close to the top! I feel more comfortable when he has like a foot about his head... even though he is safe till he gets an inch to the top.

judesmommy

Is it just me but in the picture showing the leg room it looks like the harness isn't tight enough.

it is loose, but, it's because he was sleeping and I was getting ready to take him out of the car so I loosened the harness so that I could get it off without waking him... then I had an "A.D.D." moment and decided to take some pics.

It looks lose like that sometimes even when it is tightened by his shoulders and upper body. I'll have to take new pics to make sure I am getting it tight enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC