Help with next seat purchase, please!

3kitty

Here's our situation:

DD - will be 2 in July; weighs about 33+ pounds and is over 32" tall.

DS - is 5 weeks and weighs 12 pounds.

DD is currently in a BV; it's great, but she now is over the RF weight limit. DS is in a Graco infant seat and he HATES it. Car rides are agony because he cries the whole way (DD didn't like it either as an infant, hence the BV). (Maybe the shoulder straps are rubbing his neck? They're so close to him.)

So, we want another seat. Figured we'd put DS in the BV and get a seat that will allow DD to RF longer. Can't spend a lot of money at the moment. I was thinking a Radian would be nice because the two seats we have crowd the back seat of the Chevy Equinox. However, the person at Macklem's that I talked to suggested a Frontier. DD is large for her age, but we want to use the seat NOW - can't wait until she turns 2 (I know it's only 6 weeks, but the baby is so unhappy in his seat). I'd also prefer to keep her RF as long as possible but want to minimize the number of seats we end up buying in the long run.

What are your thoughts on what might be a good next seat for us?

TIA,

Jennifer

ADS

chay

Most 5 week olds are too small for a BV so I don't think you'll be able to move him into a Boulevard. The straps must be at or below their shoulders. Can you see if he fits? Then everyone can figure out the best plan based on that.

3kitty

Hmmm - I hadn't thought that would be a problem since the minimums are 5 lbs and 45cm. He's a big guy - as of yesterday is 12lbs+ and 58cm. We'll put him in it and check the strap heights, though. Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC