How do you store the LATCH straps on a Britax seat?

Holly

I know where the LATCH storage spots are in the seat shell, but I can't figure out how to put them there without them interefering with the hip strap on the right side of the seat.
Since the LATCH is attached to the seat on one side, if I put the LATCH strap in through the RF belt path to route it to the back of the seat to store it, the strap that hooks the LATCH to the seat gets in the way of the hip strap on that side. Am I missing something?

This is a RA50 by the way. I have a FPSVD and I've never figured out the LATCH storage with that either, so I have the LATCH going under the front of the seat and hook the hooks to each other, but the Britax LATCH hooks are different and can't hook together.

ADS

cpsaddict

I believe it's under the cover, at the back of the seat area. You just slide the connectors into the shell. At least that's how I have it stored on mine.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If it's anything like the Boulevard, route it through the FF belt path, behind the hip straps, before tucking it into storage spaces.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
If it's anything like the Boulevard, route it through the FF belt path, behind the hip straps, before tucking it into storage spaces.

I think you mean the rfing beltpath. You just have to mess around with it until you get it inside the hip straps. You can also just get a large paper clip and hooks the LATCH connectors to both ends in front of or behind the seat.

emtb79

The latch connectors themselves fit into little pockets under the cover on the side of the car seat and the straps themselves I just let them dangle down on the side of the seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The latch connectors themselves fit into little pockets under the cover on the side of the car seat and the straps themselves I just let them dangle down on the side of the seat.

That's the older model Marathons, I loved those pockets! They haven't made them for awhile on those seats, and never did have them on the Roundabout or Roundabout 50 which have no LATCH bars. The cavernous crumb catchers under the cover at the back of the seat pan are where LATCHes fit now :thumbsup:

emtb79

Well that just shows how old my seats are. Now I know to hold onto the covers to store the latch.

Cilia

So if you have the seat ff, how do you get them into the hole? Pass them through the ff beltpath. Do they go over the harness and between the shell or under the harness and on the sitting surface? And does it go in front of the belt buckle (not closes to the child) or behind it and closest to the child?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC