Dorel Pooh Infant carseat base issues

mamom

Ok, my younger cousin called me this week and said that her infant carseat seemed to not be working as well on the base (locking). I had her stop using the base until I came to see it. I am not a tech only a carseat nerd. (I am certain that they will NOT bother to go to see a tech so I am it). I wrote down all the numbers on the carseat that I saw and called Dorel. Apparently I did not write down the model number and the woman wouldn't even listen to my question without this. I am attempting to find the model number but I hate my dial up.

Anyway when you lock the carseat on the base it snaps but when you lift up on the handle the rear "cut-out" section lifts up. I do not see anywhere where the back locks to the base, just the front. I am assuming that it has been doing this the whole time (she often rides with other people, so she uses the base very little) and that she is just now noticing this.

No one else in my family has had a dorel infant carseat and I am unfamiliar with these. It is a new seat but the manufacturer date is 08/19/2008.
THANKS

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Designer 22 seats (what your cousin has) "click in" in a different spot than the Graco etc. seats. Without seeing the seat itself I'm not sure whether or not this is excessive lifting or just incidental.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm trying to remember when the base was redesigned. Was it March of 2009? So a seat that old might be affected by that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC