Throw ideas at me just for fun....Britax cover related

I was able to grab a RA50 today.

I was going to buy a Flora Radian for Ryan but given he's not even my child and is backless boostered in his mom's car I decided that the RA50 would suffice- at least for now, I am in the middle of moving and so I don't need to be buying any expensive seats that I don't *have* to have... he has almost outgrown the RA so this will work out fine for now and was a steal at $50. He will use it until Olivia outgrows the RA rear facing and gets it- then I'll grab an XTSL. I am thrilled I no longer have to change covers, adjust straps, turn and reinstall her seat when I watch him now! :thumbsup:

Now what cover(s) should I get? I have Olivia's Aloha RA in there now and want something to go with it that's equally as cute but boyish/pastel and not too harsh. My car has cream interior.

I am considering getting a pair of Cowmoo's for fun but really love the Aloha...

I love the Cowmoo with my car colors (cream/black) but it will look weird next to Aloha... I took him to BRU a few months ago and sat him in the Cowmoo RA50 to check how long he'd have in it before considering buying one and he loved the "cow seat" he was really into it but he also likes anything I like ( I mean, he sits in the Aloha without any complaint if I'm too lazy to put his beige cover on it :rolleyes:)... he has a crush on me according to his mom so whatever I pick for him he'll love (he's the short blonde one in my siggy) :eek:

I like the Luau but it's a little blah and was thinking maybe a Barnum? is that girly?

I'm sure there's like 18 million others...throw links/pictures/cover names at me so I have seen EVERYTHING before buying anything :eek:

Please give me cute cover combination ideas too! I have him and Olivia often so I want them to be a little matchy matchy :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have a flora next to a cowmoo right now...oh and a pink coccoro sititng next to it. NOT a good looking back seat!

hahahaha I love all of those individually... pink CCO and Flora- cute maybe but wow, throwing a cow in the backseat between the two would probably give me a headache and be like an itch I couldn't scratch!

This is why if I get a Cow MA cover and use it with it being the only seat in the car, fine. If I have Livi too then I would need a Cow RA cover too or I'd just be staying home with them that day lol... I can't imagine looking at a floral cow back seat on a daily basis!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The tan paw print one....can't remember the name, but I have one. That would match, right?

I would like to get something fun that I'll keep... I used to buy tan seats because they matched the car and were gender neutral but now after hanging out on here I think I'm over them. I own a Bellamy for the RA which I really like and I will keep as a "baby puked in seat/otherwise soiled seat" back up cover as the RA is for Olivia and my friend's 8 month old :rolleyes:

I like the Barnum and think it will look fun next to the Aloha. I think I am going to just grab a Cowmoo first because a)I don't want him to sit in the Sutton- I'd like to truly sell it as brand new and b) he will be thrilled with it..just thinking of his reaction is making me want one for him :eek:

I'm thinking I may end up buying a pair of Cowmoo's and then a colored one for the 50 too. Ugh, and I really want a Trellis for when Olivia has this seat full time.. this $50 bargain seat is going to cost me a good $300 in covers, dammit! :rolleyes:

I just feel like I'm forgetting a million covers :confused:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I just forgot a million covers in the pic I just took, grrr. Did you checkthe cover thread?

There's a cover thread :confused:

And where might I find this dangerous thread...?

Dani- thought about the Zebra until I realized they cost more than double what I paid for the darn seat :rolleyes: haha um, not that that would 100% stop me though :whistle: it is very cool looking!

skitle1802

There's a Zebra on ebay for $65 + 9 shipping with all pads (not mine)
Judi- I miss my freedom cover, let me know if you ever get tired of it!

haha ok, I had seen that thread before :eek:

Now I think I basically have a huge wishlist :whistle:

Cowmoo MA/RA50 cover
Trellis MA cover
Barnum MA cover
Cowmoo RA cover

Tan straps for the RA50 because I cuttently have black which just doesn't work for anything but Cow and even ten, I'd prefer beige/tan so I can SEE when they're dirty!- now that raises another question...they are different from the MA straps, right? I guess I'll have to get the from Britax.

StillThankful

.. this $50 bargain seat is going to cost me a good $300 in covers, dammit! :rolleyes:

. . .:

Hilarious! This is so true:) Hey, but life is too short and I say "go for it!" I just purchased a 2010 MA for DD2 and got an extra cover here on swap--the price of the seat keeps going up and up:whistle:

By the way, :thumbsup:I commend you on being a great person--you are so invested in those precious, little ones and they are not even your babies:) You are going to be one heck of a mom one day:)

TerisBoys

I'm thinking I may end up buying a pair of Cowmoo's and then a colored one for the 50 too. Ugh, and I really want a Trellis for when Olivia has this seat full time.. this $50 bargain seat is going to cost me a good $300 in covers, dammit! :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side - it could've been a full price RA50, and the additional covers.

I think Faux Paws (even though it's tan) would be really cute next to Aloha. Or even the Fido (blue paw prints).

If he doesn't mind flowers, what about Erin (green with lilly-ish flowers)?

babyherder

Faux Paws is tan but I think the cute paw prints and bones on it make up for the tan-ness. Its officially falls into my "adorable" category instead of my "what's the point of this cover" category.

skitle1802

Tan straps for the RA50 because I cuttently have black which just doesn't work for anything but Cow and even ten, I'd prefer beige/tan so I can SEE when they're dirty!- now that raises another question...they are different from the MA straps, right? I guess I'll have to get the from Britax.

Per Britax.com-
Harness & Buckle Set
Compatible with the following products:
Advocate CS
Advocate CS Canada
Boulevard
Boulevard Canada
Boulevard CS
Boulevard CS Canada
Decathlon
Marathon
Marathon Canada
Marathon CS
Marathon CS Canada
Roundabout 50
Roundabout 50 Canada
Wizard

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Faux paws and dragonfly would be cute together. I have both, I could take pics.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC