ISO: some kind of fleece/wool soaker overnight thingiemajig

kidzndogz

I'm so technical. :p

Looking for small wool or fleece shorties/covers that will be good for night time.

Preferably well-loved as I'm not worried about looks, just function. I found a few on Etsy but am not looking to spend $20 on a brand spankin' new cover when he'll outgrow it so fast.

Please let me know if you've got anything....pictures would be cool. Oh and price. lol.

Prefer something neutral, or at least not like, hot pink with flowers. :p

ADS

cryswilkins

I have some recycled wool that my SIL made and I honestly couldn't figure them out before he outgrew. I will try to get pics. Basically FFS, she gave them to me.

Last edited:

jeminijad

There is an WAHM on Ebay that sells 3 packs of fleece soakers for $18 w/free shipping. I bought the pack and got med, lg and xl, but you could as easily get s, m, l or any combination. You choose from her fabrics, and I got mine inside of a week.

LMK if you want the info.

cryswilkins

Ok I looked and I have 6 pairs of NB and Small recycled longies they are pretty GN. If you are interested I can take pictures tomorrow. My camera is charging atm.

kidzndogz

Crystal, I'd love to see them! Sounds great to me. :D

jeminijad, I'd love her Ebay name if you know it off the top of your head. Even if I get enough smalls from Crystal I'll still need bigger sizes at some point. :thumbsup:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have no experience with fleece, but if you use wool, you won't need very many if you're just using them for overnight. I have two wool longies and two shorties. I usually have two in rotation at any given time (depending on temperature) and alternate them evry other night. I just make sure to air out the used one each morning, and I don't wash/lanolize until they get smelly--about every two weeks.

kidzndogz

I have some longies that are too small for DS that you can have if you want them.

PMing you. :)

I have no experience with fleece, but if you use wool, you won't need very many if you're just using them for overnight. I have two wool longies and two shorties. I usually have two in rotation at any given time (depending on temperature) and alternate them evry other night. I just make sure to air out the used one each morning, and I don't wash/lanolize until they get smelly--about every two weeks.

YOU! You're the one that led me to post this. I have that burgundy one you sent me and it's freaking cute. If this kid pees like a horse I'm going to be so grateful for them.

I'm not sure about the difference in performance between fleece and wool, but I also figure wool will be a bit cooler than a PUL cover when it's so hot out.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, I hope thr burgundy one fits. It is pretty cute :p

PUL makes diapers smell awful when used overnight, probably because it doesn't breathe. Icky. Wool is great. Like I said, not sure about fleece.

What I do with DD is a prefold, hemp doubler, and wool cover for overnight. No leaks ever. Ever.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I love hemp for overnight because it's SOOOOO absorbent. I have five doublers, but since I only use them at night and since I do laundry more frequently, I could probably get away with three. I like having extras just in case, though. I have two different kinds. I forget what they are, but I got them from Nicki's diapers and I don't recall them being very expensive. A couple bucks each. So if you can't find any cheap here, try there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC