If you have put a MA cover on a RA50

I posted asking about this recently but I have other questions, more specific.

Are the shoulder slots exactly the same when a MA cover is on the RA50?

The RA50 has 3 crotch strap positions- which I love :eek: now I know the MA only has one and I'm thinking that Ryan will fall on the middle one...or outer most.. (unless the manual specifies certain ones for certain weights/ff/rf etc. -I plan on reading up later tonight) Now where does the MA cover fall? like where is the crotch strap hole cut? which setting will it line up with? I'm guessing it should be even with the middle or outer most but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions.

***If anyone has a picture of how a MA cover fits the RA50 I would LOVE to see it before I buy one from someone on here :eek: ***

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Laurette

I can only tell you that the manual says the outtermost crotch strap position is for FFing only. :)

skitle1802

I had to go out and take pics...loading onto photobucket now. My seat is rf and on the middle slot, the manual says the vehicle's belt has to be routed in front of the A (closest to the back) and B (middle) crotch buckle positions. I would have to say the slit in the MA cover falls right between the B and C (ff only position)
BRB with pics.

Well hey, it's info :eek: In a car seat geek kind of way, I am looking forward to reading a new manual although I could likely write a Britax manual now :whistle:

I doubt that I'll be using that slot- I think he'd slump too much. If the middle one lines up with the MA cover I'll be thrilled :thumbsup:

I must say- the inner slot is great for younger babies- now if they had added ONE more lower shoulder slot it would quite possibly make a nice from birth seat! now was that too much to ask, Britax? :rolleyes:

Skitle, wow...I feel bad you actually took pictures! I was thinking someone may already have them but thanks! that was really nice of you :thumbsup:

skitle1802

I didn't use all the pics because my iphone's camera lens is scratched and it blurs the sunlight.
Bottom Slot
RA503.jpg

Top slot
RA501.jpg

The lap belt in relation to the B (purple pencil) and C crotch buckle positions.
RA505.jpg

Ok so the bottom/top slots line up well then?

The crotch strap still confuses me but basically it works fine then/doesn't look weird?

Thank you again :eek:

skitle1802

All the shoulder slots line up just as well as the original cover. The crotch doesn't look funny, and functions in the B and C positions (my kids haven't used the smallest, A)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC