Legs falling asleep RF

purplemama

So today when we got to the store (25 min or so because I did a quick recycle drop off) DS2 cried to get out of his seat and then wouldn't walk and cried "foot owie, foot owie". After 5-10 min he was okay. Same thing when we got home only that was a shorter ride (15 min). Cried and cried and cried and sat there holding his foot. The only thing I could think of was that his foot/legs had fallen asleep in the car seat. He's got plenty of leg room, he rides in an XTSL. No way would I even consider turning him, he's 2 1/2 but only 24lbs. Tiny little stick boy.
So what can I do? I hate for him to be in pain like that but he's gotta ride in the car sometimes!

ADS

Kia

How is he positioning his legs in the seat? I know that if I sit in certain positions too long my feet start to fall asleep. If he is crossing them, maybe that is causing his foot to fall asleep or his legs could be falling asleep if he is dangling them over the sides. Try showing him a few different ways to put his legs to see if he can find one that is comfortable for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC